Should Be Shot Phrase On YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
And "Deserves to be shot" and so on.

I watched a YT video last night and I saw the above phrase used often and was addressed to a house
builder that used carpet in about 85% of the house or so. Said tongue and cheek of course by many commenters.

Those comments were deleted rather fast. I wonder if it was the channel owner or YT. itself?
The channel owner isn't open to answering many questions and does not reply to comments usually.

Now if you go to a channel that features abused animals those phrases are never deleted.
So, one would think it's the channel owner or maybe a different standard. Although the builders name was not mentioned
he is findable easy enough and, on the animal channels the abuser's names are unknown. That may be the reason.

Thoughts...

I'm all for meeting violence with violence against people committing dangerous and violent crimes. Somebody saying "should be shot" for carpet in a house that the poster will never see....pretty much shows the cultural issues this country has (although we all know the whole part of people talking harder game over the internet than in real life.)

I'm all for meeting violence with violence against people committing dangerous and violent crimes. Somebody saying "should be shot" for carpet in a house that the poster will never see....pretty much shows the cultural issues this country has (although we all know the whole part of people talking harder game over the internet than in real life.)
But remember if you're older that was an everyday term in the day...not that I have any issue with what you said...
Old habits die hard.

Reactions: Pew
But remember if you're older that was an everyday term in the day...not that I have any issue with what you said...
Old habits die hard.

True I do forget that phrase is/was commonly used; I do use it myself quite often, more often as figurative speak versus literal.

I think it's usually the YT channel owner that will go down and delete the posts. YT/Instagram/FB auto-delete algorithms seem to be based more on racial/sexual posts than violence.

True I do forget that phrase is/was commonly used; I do use it myself quite often, more often as figurative speak versus literal.

I think it's usually the YT channel owner that will go down and delete the posts. YT/Instagram/FB auto-delete algorithms seem to be based more on racial/sexual posts than violence.
Thank you for your feedback. If you are like me I see that as just a figure of speech on a nothing burger like carpet. So I don't think it represents a call for violence but I could see why younger people may take it literally. 🤔

I’d be very very careful about such public statements these days. Say in some states you shoot an actual person threatening you with death well……public history…..
Garfield had a string of cartoons that would refer to someone being drug out into the street and shot.

I posted in reference to whoever wrote that (150 year old law) and had the Garfield image with that catchphrase on fbook and got 90 days for hatespeech.

Garfield had a string of cartoons that would refer to someone being drug out into the street and shot.

I posted in reference to whoever wrote that (150 year old law) and had the Garfield image with that catchphrase on fbook and got 90 days for hatespeech.

I miss those cartoons! My dad would always bring home the newspaper after his work day and let us read the comic sections; one of the few entertainments we were allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back