Shortages not just for Civilians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mots of the ammunition manufacturers have contracts with the government stating that they must set 100% of their production to the government when it comes asking.

So, since they are not able to completely outlaw guns 100%, they'll just buy up all of the ammunition.

I stopped by a gun show yesterday. Everybody booth there was selling ammo and very few guns. 50 ct. FMJ were selling between $30-40 a box.

Sportsmen used to pride themselves on conservation and helping out a stranger. Instead of everybody coming together to help each other, sportsmen have become incredibly selfish. We have people buying ammunition to simply flip it on Gunbroker. We have people buying boxes of a caliber that they don't even own just to cheat somebody else out of it.

I guess I expected better....

Bad source for info.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/...-dhs-stocks-up/

I am surprised the free market hasn't responded very quickly.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Mots of the ammunition manufacturers have contracts with the government stating that they must set 100% of their production to the government when it comes asking.

So, since they are not able to completely outlaw guns 100%, they'll just buy up all of the ammunition.

There is at least one Army reserve unit that wishes the government had money to do this. Everyone of them had 6 rounds to zero in and practice their M-16's before weapons qualifications. Then they one opportunity to qualify.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: Miller88

There is at least one Army reserve unit that wishes the government had money to do this. Everyone of them had 6 rounds to zero in and practice their M-16's before weapons qualifications. Then they one opportunity to qualify.

That's the scary part, to me. It's NOT the army buying 1.1 billion rounds of ammunition. It'd DHS. The Army can't operate on US soil - DHS can.

People are out there buying guns and ammo that never owned a gun before, thinking its a Great investment. They are buying up every and anything. People are paying "Stupid Prices". I am not paying it. I ll sit it out, wait and watch and all this stuff will get dumped at Yard sales when they see that gun and ammo prices jump like gold and oil. Now is not the time to buy. Seriously how much guns and ammo does one "Really need", if its a emergency end of the world scenario. You got a 1000 rounds, your good to go. I hope all these "Investors" get caught just like the housing market. I can garrantee the gold hoarders are going to get caught.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
They are buying up every and anything. People are paying "Stupid Prices". I am not paying it. I ll sit it out, wait and watch

Word, man. People are blowing money like no tomorrow.

I buy when I find it - but it has to be decently priced. The most I have ever paid (and have regretted it still) is when I bought 235 Winchester HP .22LR's for $23. I felt like I got raped. And that's only $0.10 a round! I have limits that I will not go beyond when buying ammo - it's roughly that for .22LR and about $18 for a box of 9mm. I refuse to pay any higher than that. Supply is returning slowly and there's no need to pay more than that for ammo. A couple trips to the range becomes depressing after awhile, especially at these prices.

When people stop hoarding and buying anything in sight is when the prices will come back down and the supply availability will return. Refuse to pay insane prices for ammo and things will return back close to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back