Shingles -The Illness

Thats what I was afraid of getting it on my face and damaging my eye.

3 months from now I will get the second shot.
While blindness from shingles is rare, more or less permanent vision loss is not uncommon. Shingles can scar the cornea and cause retinal edema that can damage the retina permanently. I have in my lifetime gotten some funky vaccines. Other than mild brain damage I came out okay, says my dad. I will certainly get the shingles vaccine in my 50s. :p

Attachments

• IMG_4032.jpg
    IMG_4032.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 13
While blindness from shingles is rare, more or less permanent vision loss is not uncommon. Shingles can scar the cornea and cause retinal edema that can damage the retina permanently. I have in my lifetime gotten some funky vaccines. Other than mild brain damage I came out okay, says my dad. I will certainly get the shingles vaccine in my 50s. :p
Brains are overrated (if successful YouTube channels are any indication)!

It depends on your immune system. People with a compromised immune system are encouraged to get the shingles vaccine at a younger age - as early as in their early 20s. The immune system begins to weaken for most people in their 50s as part of the aging process. That's why the shingles vaccine is generally given to people in their mid-50s. Most people who have shingles outbreaks are over 60 or younger with immune system issues.

women are MUCH more prone to get shingles + its noted like everything a healthier person without diabetes + other issues are less prone + poor habits like too much alky etc is NOT good for anyone!!! NO vaccines of ANY kind for me + its noted the high amount of shots kids get today to years ago + the side effects!! type II diabetes is a self inflicted lifestyle disease + cases multiply yearly from overeating + eating too often as well a poor food choices!!

5 minutes today at CVS (with online appointment) and we got the Shingrix vaccine. (y)

I will do anything to avoid the nasty shingles blisters and pain.

Nov 18, 2023 ^^^^

We got the second shot today and again it took just 5 minutes at CVS.

Wife got it before the second shot came out had gotten the first. Chest, shoulder and the back of the shoulder. Still years latter even with the second shot she doesn't break out but can feel it.

Back