Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5w-40/3158 miles/97 GMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil was in use for 8 months with a Supertech filter. My truck really liked this oil. I am considering 1 year oil changes with this oil regardless of mileage.

I currently have some valvoline maxlife semi-syn and a Supertech installed. I am thinking with its higher miles the 5w-40 cushions the moving parts better.

blackstone97gmccy7.jpg

maybe do a run of the maxlife, then do another run of the maxlife and sample and see how it does. If not that good, but dont see how it would not be good also, then I would happily go back to the Rotella T. Agree with tackleberry, the rotella Did a fantastic job and would stick with that for the long run maybe

Really need to get 2 runs of the same oil to see how good one oil does do, I bet the 2nd run of the Rotella would be even better, with lower insolubles.

I too am running the Rotella in an older '97 engine, I honestly believe the engine will use a tiny bit of oil upon changing brands, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I love the Rotella, I believe your truck does too.

Higher miles? 120k? You're kidding right?

I'm a Rotella fan and you are certainly in very good shape with this oil. Still, I would second the notion to try Maxlife or another good 30wt and only go back if you get a deterioration in results. I don't think it will make one iota of difference in how long your engine will last but the 30 will be a little bit more efficient.

The oils were as follows; M1, GC, PP, Shell

I am thinking regardless of the UOA that I will just go back to Rotella. I would have that warm fuzzy feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back