Shell Rotella T recently change composition ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
That's a crock of poo, many GM engines are broken in on synthetic, as are a couple from Ford, and MANY from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi....etc.

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif
Plus all the cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, tractors, and even lawn mowers I have broken in on synthetic.

Those 383 strokers must be hard to break in. Indmar makes them for Marine use in Malibu wakeboard boats. Lots of issues all over the boat boards with people having oil consumption issues. Indmar went to recommending the use of straight 50 oil.

Originally Posted By: Geoff
Those 383 strokers must be hard to break in. Indmar makes them for Marine use in Malibu wakeboard boats. Lots of issues all over the boat boards with people having oil consumption issues. Indmar went to recommending the use of straight 50 oil.

No harder than any other engine. I had no problem with my 13:1 compression 6" rod brodix headed 383 stroker. The longer stroke creates more load on the skirts of the pistons due to a sharper rod to piston angle ratio. Thus the reason I decided to run the 6" rods compared to the standard 5.7" rods. The longer rods reduces stress on the skirts, rings and cylinder walls. I broke mine in on Valvoline VR1 over 8 years ago. Still going strong today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FY6kJmrQgI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back