Shell Helix Ultra 0W30 ECT C2/C3 (Thailand🇹🇭 refined) Virgin Oil Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello world.

When I got my latest bottle of my favourite Shell blend (In Australia by the way) , I noticed that Shell Australia were no longer sourcing the 0W30 from Europe, but their Thailand operations. Thought it best to drop a sample off at CAV Power to have it checked out to see if they fiddled with it. For those in North America this oil is the same as PP 0W30 LX.

Shell Helix Ultra 0W30 ECT C2/C3 VOA

Good news is it's still full of Boron. But looks like the V100 and VI are underneath the specifications.

Regards
Jordan

That looks like a decent oil. Looking at the ~10.2 CST@100°c probably is how they manage to meet C2 and C3 in one oil. Shame we can't see what the HTHS is.

This would make a killer blend with one of the new 'racing' 0W-20's that has 800+ppm moly.

Mixed 50/50-ish, you'd have a thick 20-weight with around 400-500ppm moly and 300-400ppm Boron, with a very high VI.

I don't think I've ever seen that amount of boron in a oil. It would be interesting to get MolaKule's opinion on that or any of the other experts here for that matter.

Thanks for the response lads. CAV-Power have a pretty good oil lab. Obviously it's busy with all their mining equipment oil samples.Was really happy they did tjhe V100 and VI tests. Seems alot of the VW 504/507 oils are very boron heavy.

Regards
Jordan

Originally Posted by JFAllen
Seems alot of the VW 504/507 oils are very boron heavy.

Regards
Jordan

Chain wear test.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back