Shell Glycoshell Equivalent

Hello, my car is due for a coolant change (2013 Maserati Granturismo) and my owner's manual is specifying Shell GlycoShell Coolant, which I can't find anywhere. What would be an equivalent coolant to GlycoShell? I do believe GlycoShell is a OAT coolant just like Prestone All Makes and Models. Would Preston All Makes and Models be safe to use?

Thanks
Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 2.35.27 PM.jpg

GlycoShell coolant is a pure OAT coolant so the closest equivalent would be Dex-cool, Ford Orange, or any of the typical Dexclone coolants. Prestone AMAM is now more of a P-OAT coolant but works great with normal OAT coolants so it would be a good choice as well.

glysantin g30 or dexcool would be closest to factory fill. the differences are trivial

upgrading to prestone is perfectly acceptable and will cause no issues either

Same stuff as a Ferrari - and Shell doesn’t list a SDS/TDS for Glycoshell. I assume it’s either an SiHOAT like G-05/40/48 or a pure OAT like the current FCA fill or G-30(G-12 in the VW world). Remember, Ferrari/Maserati was connected to Fiat Chrysler, and all newer(2012-on) Mopars are filled with OAT coolants instead of orange-tinted G-05 SiHOAT.

Prestone is a pHOAT. It’s always prudent practice to flush all the old stuff out before changing coolant chemistry.

what color is the GlycoShell?

Back