shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 6 cases of Maxlife from 2004 that I will not use up in the next several years. No problem for me. It's as good as if it had been bottled yesterday (with the older spec).

Last edited:
lol its still good as long as the ratings are good use it 10 years max to be safebut if the engine requires sn and its only say g then i would only use that in older engines

Would be OK 50 years from now. Paraffins are very stable and unreactive below a hard boil. Oh wait a minute - this may be some suboptimal, engine killing post Katrina blends ... dump it!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
if the engine requires sn and its only say g then i would only use that in older engines
The car it would be used in is the 2000 MGM in my sig, so the grade and formulation are good, I just wanted to be sure the oil itself was still usable. Thanks to all who replied.

It may depend on how cold the oil got in the winter time. If it was exposed to prolonged periods of cold temperatures then I would not use it. Gel formation is both time and temperature dependent.

I have also noticed that old oil containers often have some flakes on the bottom of the jars. That cannot be good.

aehaas

I think the only issue is the container. Some older bottles of oil I have started to take on a yellowish color. One bottle of M1 even leaked. And some bottles of Tropartic seem fine. I don't think all containers are created equel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back