Shaeffer's oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was looking on the Shaeffer's site and noticed some of thier oils claim to meet ACEA A3 & A5, I did not think it was possible to meet both due to HT/HS numbers being in different ranges for each requirement >3.5 for A3 2.9-3.5 for A5. Anyone know what the deal is with this. A comapny can claim it meets API or ECEA but does it? For API you need the starburst, does ECEA have any kind of trademark that goes on the bottle?

I don't but I'm sure someone will so I will bump this to the top for you!
wink.gif

The Schaeffer's oil of any given viscosity may meet the "performance requirements" of both ACEA A3 and A5 but it can only meet the physical requirements (HT/HS) of ACEA A3 or A5 but it can not meet the physical requirements of both ACEA A3 and A5 at the same time. Since Schaeffer's say in their technical literature that their oil meets and exceeds the ACEA specifications than I will assume that they do in fact meet the performance requirements of ACEA A5 and A3.

Supreme 7000 SAE 5W-30 meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers' requirements: MIL-46152E, CID A-A-52039B, API Service Classification SL, Energy Conserving, ILSAC GF-3, Ford M2C153-G, General Motors, ACEA A1-02, A2-96 Issue 2, A3-02, A5-02; Daimler Chrysler 229.1, 229.3, MS9767; JASO JIS K2215TD-701

[ March 04, 2004, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

I went back and edited the above post so hopefully what I was trying to say is a little more clear now. Gary Allan, is that really you in the picture?

banghead.gif

[ March 04, 2004, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

That first post I made on this thread was awful until I went back and edited it. The next time I decide to have a glass of wine
nono.gif
I will wait until I am finished posting for the day.

[ March 04, 2004, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

Gary Allan can you please send me some of that bottled lightning so that I can disconnect my utilities? And if you don't mind I will take a few bottles of bottled lightning every month of the year. Just do not get electricuded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back