Severe moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Forum rules:

any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of any person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

So if a thread is none of the above but is deemed to be wrong for the forum it was posted in it just disappears? No explanation to the author or moving to a better forum? I totally respect the site owner's rights and wishes but Holy Cow! Must be more rules I'm not aware of. Sorry.

This is a rated "G" forum open to the public. Would anyone really want one of their kids searching this forum and find, "any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of any person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law."? I am good with the rules and would prefer someone who wasn't good with them to find another forum to post on.

2 points to provide:

(1) when in doubt, ping admin for clarifications. No need to second-guess if you can't get his confirmation/agreement with you.

(2) BITOG is, in fact, one of the most sane/clean internet boards I've been to so far (and that's why I choose to stay on). Minimal politics, everyone has to have some respects/expectations towards each other's opinions, etc. I'd like to stay this way and abide but the board's rule instead of acting like an "anarchist" of some sort out there.

My 2c's worth.

Q.

Well, I started a thread in the Car motor oil forum titled "help me" and while I suppose it could be considered humorous and/or off-topic it was specific to BITOGdom and oil and was posted as an honest question. Absolutely nothing you wouldn't let your 6 yr old daughter read. Maybe a mod could jump in and clarify. Just want to play by the rules.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

So if a thread is none of the above but is deemed to be wrong for the forum it was posted in it just disappears? No explanation to the author or moving to a better forum?

Can you tell us what the subject was and where you originally posted it. If for an example you were talking about a transmission issue and you posted it in the PCMO section, it would be moved to the ATF/transmission section without notification. Is that what you are referring to?

Oil hoarding and obsession has been covered before, maybe a mod was irritated you didn't search and bump an existing thread.

And it was somewhat off topic. The engineering mindsets here in members AND mods want to pigeonhole things in exactly the right place. These are the guys who polish their tools and hang them in order by size on a well-lighted pegboard in their climate controlled garage.
wink.gif

Just in case this happens again to you, you can click on your profile and there is a link to see users post. Every post you started or have posted in is there and you can click on it and see if it has been moved.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
The engineering mindsets here in members AND mods want to pigeonhole things in exactly the right place. These are the guys who polish their tools and hang them in order by size on a well-lighted pegboard in their climate controlled garage.
wink.gif

That is a white painted pegboard with black shadows behind the tools, by the way.....

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Oil hoarding and obsession has been covered before, maybe a mod was irritated you didn't search and bump an existing thread.

And it was somewhat off topic.

Guilty as charged. It's better to shut up and listen.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Forum rules:

any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of any person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

So if a thread is none of the above but is deemed to be wrong for the forum it was posted in it just disappears? No explanation to the author or moving to a better forum? I totally respect the site owner's rights and wishes but Holy Cow! Must be more rules I'm not aware of. Sorry.

Jeff,

I believe I moved the thread to a more appropriate forum, but forgot to check the 'leave link in original forum'. Sorry about that...

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back