service pro oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys was just looking through my aco circular, and found service pro full syn oil for 3.88 a quart. So I went on service pro's website and looked up the specs and for 5w20 the state a pour point of -40 degrees and a flash point of 405 degrees. I then looked up their syn blend and came up with a pour point of -38 degrees and a flash point of 425 degrees. So I'm curious what you guys think of this. At this point I'm gonna pass at least for now.

We have used Service Pro HD 15w-40 in our farm equipment for a couple years and have had very good results. A very good oil at an economy price.

I wonder if ConocoPhillips is making their oil. Oils with dexos1 and with VW 502 are not made by many U.S. makers. Also, their "ordinary" oils are syn blend, a common practice of ConocoPhillips.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
I wonder if ConocoPhillips is making their oil. Oils with dexos1 and with VW 502 are not made by many U.S. makers. Also, their "ordinary" oils are syn blend, a common practice of ConocoPhillips.

The shape of their bottle would tell you. All the CP oils have the same bottle design and i think service pros is different. The specs are pretty different than any of the CP oils as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ken2

It's a Citgo private label... I will not buy it based on politics alone no matter how great it is for the price.

Last edited:
It is not Citgo or Conoco-Philips. Depending what part of the country you are from, it can be from a different source. Two of the major ones are Colorado Petroleum (who makes the oil we sell) or Warren Unilube.

I just checked one of the bottles I have, has Wu on the bottom for Warren Unilube, so it's not a Citgo private blend in Michigan anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back