Series 60 detroit

This is NOT my engine or sample.. I'd like feedback on this.

The engine is running the OPS bypass filter system, she'll rotella T6 and T4..I know a lot of details are missing. My question is the elevated oxidation levels. Is that bad?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1618625427391.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618625427391.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 92
First, I don't understand how the lube time vs the unit time figures add up. Second, IMO 30k plus miles is too far to run s S60 on conventional(T4) oil. I would drop to 10k which is where ours are on a somewhat comparable oil and increase 5k miles each time until the sweet spot is found. I think the oil was in use too long.

Soot, oxidation and viscosity going up, TBN getting low.

I don't know the "condemnation levels", but maybe it's time to consider changing the oil.

First, I don't understand how the lube time vs the unit time figures add up. Second, IMO 30k plus miles is too far to run s S60 on conventional(T4) oil. I would drop to 10k which is where ours are on a somewhat comparable oil and increase 5k miles each time until the sweet spot is found. I think the oil was in use too long.
I'm not sure. I think the unit time is Miles on the vehicle and lube is miles on the oil. It's not mine as stated so I'm not here to debate intervals. Just figure out the elevated oxidation levels.

OPS Benefit​

OPS' technology goes beyond traditional fluid cleaning systems by effectively removing both solid and liquid contaminants. The OPS family of fluid cleaning products virtually eliminates the need for routine maintenance, enabling users to dramatically cut maintenance costs by 80 percent, extend equipment life and significantly reduce their environmental impact.

• Clean Oil = Extended Engine Life
  • Extended Oil Drains save $$$
  • EcoPur System Keeps Oil Clean & Extends Oil Drains
  • Join The OPS Family of Thousands of EcoPur Users

If I’m reading that correctly, he hasn’t changed the oil in 120K miles?? I see “lube changed - no” in all samples

If I’m reading that correctly, he hasn’t changed the oil in 120K miles?? I see “lube changed - no” in all samples
Our trucking fleet has been doing Fleet tests for Delvac 1 for over 20 years, ever 12,000 miles the truck would be brought in for an oil sample and filter change. We were in many cases running an oil change 100,000 miles or more with zero issues and our engines are Series 60s and Mercedes.

Our trucking fleet has been doing Fleet tests for Delvac 1 for over 20 years, ever 12,000 miles the truck would be brought in for an oil sample and filter change. We were in many cases running an oil change 100,000 miles or more with zero issues and our engines are Series 60s and Mercedes.

i work for a fleet that have 5 S60s, 3 with EGR but no DPF. 2 with no emissions at all. I would not hesitate doing the long OCI on the emissions free engines but would most definitely monitor the EGR engines by oil sample, especially the service they see (fire apparatus).

the sample in this thread should be changed given it’s condition.

Back