Seepage from Power Steering Reservoir

If there's any slack in that wet hose you could take it off and nip 1/2" off and push it back on and reuse the clamp. I just did this, I had a drip and it fixed it. In my case it was the return line. A turkey baster works great to empty the tank. Put fresh back in. Constant tension clamps are better than worm drive.
I'll look into that. Might be a possibility. Thanks!

PSF level is low.
Not known if leakage or splash from refilling/filling.

Siphon out the old, refill with HM ATF if it takes dex equivalent, like Maxlife synthetic, Simplegreen and hose off all that crud, and monitor for leakage. If it takes PSF, and it looks like red ATF, then use a full synthetic PSF... like Gunk, Prestone, Bardahl..
Definitely a leek/seep. The fluid was flushed and refilled November, 2020 and this problem only recently appeared.

First I'd top off the fluid so you don't run dry. Then I'd spray the area with brake cleaner to clean it up so you can find the leak. Place a large piece of cardboard under the car to catch the residual fluids. Then wash it with water. FWIW, it does look like the one hose is aged and probably seeping. That should be an easy fix if you can confirm it is the source.

Just my $0.02

Flushed by who and how?

If the shop pulled hoses, you already have your answer. Either trim and clamp, move the clamp, trim/replace/move the clamp. These spring clamps lose tension with time. When replacing hoses and hosed components, I replace all clamps always.

If it aint broke, don't touch it. My 20 year old PSF hoses don't leak on my 2.4 Camry. It is simply siphoned/refilled at every oil change interval. If I pulled the hoses, I'd probably replace the hoses/clamps since I won't reinstall old parts, or even tamper with them for splice and dice shop flushes(whether PSF, coolant, or ATF).

Your leak might've been caused by the shop flush shenanigans.

So, brake out your pliers and shop rags. Siphon that reservoir dry, and get to work. Should be a simply enough trim and clamp relocation. And, since my OE Toyota hose clamps are great quality, I'd pick some new ones up at the dealer.

Obviously, verify that nothing with the reservoir was damaged/cracked too.

Or, you can slip on a small hose clamp and add it as a 2nd clamp on that nipple. Seems to be plenty of room for a second clamp and its less of an effort. Your local autopart store should have a mini hose clamp that you can easily install.

Back