Sediment in Rotella 10w30 jug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night did oil change on friends 2017 Ram 2500 truck with 6.7 Cummins turbo diesel. Had valvoline all fleet 10w30 and valvoline filter on. I put Rotella conventional 10w30 and STP filter on. C&p later today/night

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff right there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Additives falling out of suspension. How old was the oil?

Date on bottom of jug was january 8 2018

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
laugh.gif

Tastes great on pancakes too!

Seen this in a CK4 RT 10W30 as well. Poured some oil back in and swirled it around to suspend it in the oil again.

Last edited:
I usually pour in a 1/4 - 1/2 cup of 0W-20 and slosh it around good, then pour that mix in the engine.

What!!! You used 10w30 in a Cummins 6.7 ISB??? It will blow up! Who cares if the oil is CES20086 approved!!

Sorry, just taking a stab at the "Only a 40 weight in a diesel" crowd.

Originally Posted By: BrianF
What!!! You used 10w30 in a Cummins 6.7 ISB??? It will blow up! Who cares if the oil is CES20086 approved!!

Sorry, just taking a stab at the "Only a 40 weight in a diesel" crowd.

I know right!
smile.gif

I did what Linctex said and the stuff didnt break free or mix in with other oil i poured in (PPHM 0W20)

My friend is a farmer and uses truck hard hauling lots of stuff.

seen that in the bottom of countless jugs of diesel oil.. i think its the heavy calcium that they use as a detergent.

I just did an oil change with the new Rotella T4 and no sediment but i bought it from a high volume store so it probably hadnt had time to settle.

My years old jugs of TDT have thick quarter sized deposits in the bottoms from sitting on my shelves..nothing budges them.

Calcium makes the most sense as its probably the heaviest of the additives.

You have to make sure to get the Rotellla without the pulp. Since the last time there was a post about this type of situation, I give my oil a good shake before putting it in the engine.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
laugh.gif

Tastes great on pancakes too!

You're not kidding. I used to enjoy Harvest King on my waffles until I found out it's made by commies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back