Searching bitog with google

When I search for car related stuff using google, I typically put bobistheoilguy at the end of my search to limit the search. It used to work.
for example: Pennzoil Euro bobistheoilguy

Google or the browser used to immediately auto-populate as soon as I typed bob, bobi, bobis, it would show bobistheoilguy.

It has not been doing it for a while now. Curious if it is a pay to play thing or what. Does Google charge bitog to do this or is it just a browser history thing? if it's a history thing, I've done this many times but it still doesn't auto populate. That's why I thought maybe it's pay to play.

Also, using quotation marks around the search term - e.g., "Mobil 1" site:bobistheoilguy.com limits the search to results including only that search term exactly (for example, not Mobil gas).

When you guys do site:bobistheoilguy, does it auto-fill?
in old days, as soon as I typed bob, it would auto-fill to or would list options to select bobistheoilguy.
But it no longer does that.

I found this about search prediction and websites popularity. Curious if it's a pay to play and bitog is no longer under Google popular sites:

"Google makes search predictions based on factors, like popularity or similarity. When you choose a prediction, you do a search using the term you selected. Important: You can't turn off search predictions. Search predictions are built into Google Search to help you find information faster and easier."

When you guys do site:bobistheoilguy, does it auto-fill?
in old days, as soon as I typed bob, it would auto-fill to or would list options to select bobistheoilguy.
But it no longer does that.

I found this about search prediction and websites popularity. Curious if it's a pay to play and bitog is no longer under Google popular sites:

"Google makes search predictions based on factors, like popularity or similarity. When you choose a prediction, you do a search using the term you selected. Important: You can't turn off search predictions. Search predictions are built into Google Search to help you find information faster and easier."
Have you cleared your browser cache / cookies / autofill or other privacy settings recently?

I'm fairly certain the auto-fill goes off your search history and what Google thinks is relevant to you. If you type a search term on two different people's computers, you will get two different auto-fills.

Have you cleared your browser cache / cookies / autofill or other privacy settings recently?

I'm fairly certain the auto-fill goes off your search history and what Google thinks is relevant to you. If you type a search term on two different people's computers, you will get two different auto-fills.
good point! I will check.

I also get suggestions that I've never typed before. Not auto-fill but suggestions.
for example if I type "is apple", I get bunch of suggestions like:
  • Is Apple TV free
  • is applecare worth it
  • Is Apple juice good for you
bobistheoilguy would always show up under suggestions as soon as I typed bobis ... Now I have to type it in all the way. lol
not an issue but was curious if Google charges companies to "suggest" them or show their names quickly or on top of the list?

bobistheoilguy would always show up under suggestions as soon as I typed bobis ... Now I have to type it in all the way. lol
not an issue but was curious if Google charges companies to "suggest" them or show their names quickly or on top of the list?
I don't think so. Pretty sure the auto-fill is unique to the computer and based on the information Google has on you. Knowing Google though, it wouldn't surprise me if they favor certain search terms based on money they get from advertisers. But I wouldn't expect BOTIG to simply disappear from your list because they're not paying Google any money.

On my own computer, I get a lot of BITOG references & autofills, because I visit this site often. If I go to a shared computer at work, and type the same search term in, I'll get a completely different set of suggested search terms. So I don't think it's purely advertiser driven.

I expect that if you clear your browser history, cache, cookies and all that stuff, and continue with your usual browsing habits, that the BOTIG autofill should fill back in eventually.

Autofill is based on your previous searches. It's not a site thing, it's what is on your machine that is at work here.

I recommend the site search. It works really well after the Xenforo migration.

Back