Scrub-a-dub-dub then rub rub rub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coot getting lazy. And old. Mostly just lazy.

Used Nu-Finish. Liked it. Used Liquid Glass. Liked it. Tried other paint protectors, mostly of the new fangled sealant-type vice carnuba wax/polish etc. Always seeking protection vice gloss/shine/pop/etc. and seeking longevity of said protection.

Read many reviews at various Web sites, also.

Lazines steadily became a compelling motivator.

Driven to laze/lounge.

Sale on Eagle One products prompted a Web search. Others proclaimed satisfaction with the products so tried a couple:

Eagle One Wax-as-u-dry and Wipe & Shine

While using a micro-fiber cloth to dry I spray the cloth with the wax-as-your-lazy-butt-dries-the-conveyance and proceed to...... dry the truck. Doesn't take much of the stuff.

If used sparingly no rubbing needed at end of drying task.

Use too much and a quick rub with a soft cotton towell will remove the faint residue. Or, even with no residue, a little extra shine is the result of a 3-minute rub.

Afterwards, if Coot has the inclination, will follow up with Wipe-and-Dry. Little rubbing needed at end of application and the shine is a wee bit better than from merely using the wax-as-thou-drieth.

Coot waits a couple hours after initial waxing to allow thorough drying. Logic tells me that the second application does not remove just-appled wax-as-you-dry; where would the stuff go? At most, it would just get smeared around and stay on the truck. From appearances and feel it seems the just-applied wax-as-you-dry sits there inert as second coat covers the first.

These two products take much less time and effort to apply than other products used. The lazy guy's detailing Nirvana.

It's likely that same/similar products from other firms are as good or even better and cater to old lazy geezers. You know who you are.
OldCoot.gif

During the treks this summer the truck traversed construction areas where the asphalt flew, adhering to the outter envelope of the truck. The white truck, where the black tarry glop was readily visible. When washing, the gunk came off without undue effort. Coot believes the Eagle One products acted as a barrier, allowing the asphalt to be removed with relative ease.

Unsure of longevity since the Wax-the-dern-truck-as-you-dry-the-dern-thing-you-lazy-bum stuff is used after every washing. The asphalt was removed around 4 weeks after the last wax application. During that period the truck was exposed to the glaring California sun, beating down, relentlessly, no shade, cow skulls bleached white in the sun that bombarded the truck with particles and waves across a broad spectrum of that invisible stuff outside the narrow band of visible light. So, it appears the stuff holds up for at least little while.

Coot will try other brands of similar products when the current Eagle One stuff is used up. Only products requiring minimal effort will be used. Subjective evaluation of said products may result in deciding upon one brand to regularly use.

From the Web site:

"New, improved formula — now with anti-corrosion protection and a longer lasting shine without all the effort.

Spray on wet car, wipe off, you’re done
Dries to a lustrous shine
New formula last three times longer
More carnauba for longer lasting protection

Hit the road faster with Wax As-U-Dry. Just spray on a wet car, wipe off and you’re left with a lustrous shine and a lot more time on your hands. Our new formulation has twice the carnauba for longer-lasting protection. Plus, anti-corrosion technology protects your paint from damaging corrosive elements. Wax As-U-Dry — it’s the easiest way to wax your car. Can be used on a wet or dry surface."

So, it has carnuba. No biggy since the stuff is applied regularly; after every wash. Lots of dust and dirty roads surrounding the shanty. After every rain and drive down a wet road the truck needs washing... often delayed, resulting in a wash roughly every two weeks.

" Eagle One Wipe & Shine is the easiest way to keep your car clean between washings — just spray on and wipe off.

Ideal for quick detailing touch-ups
Quick and easy to use
Enhances gloss and removes dust, bugs and bird droppings between washings
Clear-coat safe
Removes wax residue

Wipe & Shine is formulated to maintain that just-waxed look. When used after washing, it will remove any hard water spots and it's safe for any surface including paint, chrome, aluminum and glass. The spray applicator makes it ideal for hard-to-reach areas.

Spray on and wipe off for easy cleaning between washings."

I do not use the stuff unless the truck has just been washed. Coot isn't THAT lazy!!!! Don't want to be shoving abrasive grit across the clear coat.

WAUD.jpg
Wipe&Shine.jpg

Will report on other lazy-guy-type paint protection products as they are used and a subjective evaluation arises within the cobwebby brain.

posticon8-1.gif

lickdog.gif

jump1.gif

image.gif

idiot-1.gif

cackle.gif

If Coot likes these, Coot should run down to his local Carquest and buy Duragloss AquaWax. Coot will then be even more amazed by his laziness. AquaWax is also a "pray & wipe-as-you-dry" product.

While he's there, Coot should also try the Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine, and Car Wash Concentrate. Coot will be in hawg heaven!

Quote:

Harrydog wonders why Coot always refer to himself in the third person?

Coot challanges declarative statement by the human unit.

"always refer to himself in the third person?"

Note the "always".

A search hereabouts will reveal a plathora of postings of all types.

Maybe respondent is using "always" in regards to this one post.

As for choice of 3rd-person, your author invites introspection to concoct one or more possible reasons for writing in a manner other than the "norm," whatever that may be.

Quote:

Quote:

Harrydog wonders why Coot always refer to himself in the third person?

Coot challanges declarative statement by the human unit.

"always refer to himself in the third person?"

Note the "always".

A search hereabouts will reveal a plathora of postings of all types.

Maybe respondent is using "always" in regards to this one post.

As for choice of 3rd-person, your author invites introspection to concoct one or more possible reasons for writing in a manner other than the "norm," whatever that may be.

I do indeed have my own opinion as to the possible reason(s) that you write in this manner, but I was hoping to hear your explanation.

Feel absolutely no inner compulsion to explain how I choose to convey that which I desire to communicate.

Hath thou ever heard of the herd mentality?

May be quite apropos here.

No real insult intended.

Quote:

I enjoy reading the posts of the MIGHTY OBBOP!

So do I, although that would be much more difficult, if it wasn't for the Dictionary Tooltip extension for the Firefox browser.
grin.gif

Quote:

Feel absolutely no inner compulsion to explain how I choose to convey that which I desire to communicate.

Hath thou ever heard of the herd mentality?

May be quite apropos here.

No real insult intended.

None taken. I was just curious is all. No need to become defensive about it (yes, you know you are). I think you've basically answered my question anyway.
Lots of people go out of their way to stand out from the crowd(herd), so you're certainly not alone in that respect.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back