Scrambled Eggs vs Creamed Eggs

Eggs, milk, salt, fork. When well whipped up put in less-stick pan already at medium heat with 4 pats of non-salted butter melted. When cooking begins stir continuously with spatula. Remove when desired consistency is reached, creamy, not dried out for me. Sprinkle liberally with bacon bits. Excellent with sliced tomato.

I'll take the eggs on/off the heat while stirring with a spatula. Using butter rather than cream. Then at the last moment stir in a 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream or creme fraiche. (4 eggs)

So you eat them raw?
I expect the texture rather than the taste of raw eggs to be problematic for many people. Since raw egg whites and yolks are slippery they slide right down, though. I find they taste better if I bite down on the yolk. The yolks have a more pleasing taste and texture than the bland egg whites do. 😋

I expect the texture rather than the taste of raw eggs to be problematic for many people. Since raw egg whites and yolks are slippery they slide right down, though. I find they taste better if I bite down on the yolk. The yolks have a more pleasing taste and texture than the bland egg whites do. 😋

Is there a reason you eat them raw? In my power lifting days the research I did shows the nutrients and proteins are MUCH more bio-available when they are cooked. Much of the egg "just goes through you" when you eat them raw.

Is there a reason you eat them raw? In my power lifting days the research I did shows the nutrients and proteins are MUCH more bio-available when they are cooked. Much of the egg "just goes through you" when you eat them raw.
I usually eat eggs cooked but if I'm pressed for time I don't mind raw eggs. E-coli isn't a big concern with raw eggs, salmonella is because it can get in the egg before the shell is formed. I'm still standing after having eaten raw eggs occasionally for decades. Maybe I should wear diapers after doing so.

You can buy pasteurized eggs or pasturize them yourself. They are still raw.

Last edited:
Is there a reason you eat them raw? In my power lifting days the research I did shows the nutrients and proteins are MUCH more bio-available when they are cooked.
Also, there's the bigger issue that raw eggs are disgusting.

If I'm in the mood for lots of toast -- sunny side up.

Lately, I have a new respect for omelets. Have been scrambling eggs a lot to make things quick and easy. Then do an omelet, and not only is it more interesting by putting a more cooked texture on the outside, like searing a steak, but it's also easier to stuff cheese and meat in with it.

And then for some reason I find myself reaching for barbecue sauce with it, which never happens with eggs cooked a different way.

Back