Scrambled Eggs vs Creamed Eggs

Scrambled eggs are made with whisked eggs with chopped butter stirred in. You use a whisk to increase the volume and create fluffiness with the added air. Cooked on low heat in a buttered frying pan until no longer runny without being overcooked/rubbery). You do not add any liquid to scrambled eggs as it will make the end product rubbery. If you find you have to add liquid to your scrambled eggs you are cooking them with too much heat.

Creamed eggs are the French way of making scrambled eggs. They are made with heavy cream stirred into the eggs with a fork. You do not use a whisk because you do not want to incorporate air into the mixture. The cream will give the creamed eggs a soft and smooth texture and extra richness. Creamed eggs are also cooked on low heat until they are just no longer runny. They are typically poured over a slice of toasted French bread and eaten tartine-style.

Side by side comparison, with no extra ingredients to show the subtle differences in appearance. Scrambled eggs to your left, creamed eggs to your right. Same size eggs, one egg each. The scrambled egg has a bit more volume, the creamed egg wins on taste and texture.

I do neither. Whisk eggs in bowl, pour into low to medium heat, non-stick skillet, and continuously keep moving them around (some will say folding-over) with a spatula to avoid overcooking what is touching the skillet surface. Stop when barely runny, they will continue to finish while being removed onto a plate. No butter/water/cream.

I've always added milk (about 1 tablespoon per egg) to my scrambled eggs prior to cooking. Increases volume and adds a bit of creaminess to the flavor. I'm not saying that's the best/right way, it's just how I've always done it.

I do neither. Whisk eggs in bowl, pour into low to medium heat, non-stick skillet, and continuously keep moving them around (some will say folding-over) with a spatula to avoid overcooking what is touching the skillet surface. Stop when barely runny, they will continue to finish while being removed onto a plate. No butter/water/cream.
If you flip the edge over and roll it onto a plate before the eggs take on color, add chives on top or when the eggs are beaten, you have a French style omelette. Also, beaten eggs cooked in a bain-marie, scraping the walls constantly make creamy and very small curd scrambled eggs.

If you flip the edge over and roll it onto a plate before the eggs take on color, add chives on top or when the eggs are beaten, you have a French style omelette. Also, beaten eggs cooked in a bain-marie, scraping the walls constantly make creamy and very small curd scrambled eggs.
Well if we're talkin' addin' stuff... yeah, if I'm being ambitious there's all sorts of things I'll add, most of which is sauteed ahead of adding the eggs. Peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, sausage, etc, though if there's cheese involved, depends on what I'm making if it goes in with the eggs or at the last second on top of them.

Eggs, pepperoni, and super-hot peppers is Very Good. The protein in the eggs binds to a lot of the capsaicin in the peppers, allowing to use MOAR of them (before you reach your heat threshold) for more flavor.

The Spartan way. But yes, never water.

^ Ease and quickness. Water just means you have to play with (cook) them longer till it cooks out. Makes no sense unless a very busy cook that has to tend to other things simultaneously.

Depends on the situation. Some days in the past I just wanted quick breakfast then drive to work. Other days, let's see what is in the fridge or growing in the garden that I can put to use.

Last edited:
Whisk eggs with fork like crazy, pour into pre-heated pan over medium heat. A decently hot pan keeps them from sticking. Continuously stir until done. Salt/pepper/cheese/salsa when plated. YUM!

I start out like I'm going to make over easy, after the egg white has a cooked enough to stay solid I slowly start to scramble them, when done you can see chunks of egg white. I also add more almond or avocado oil which helps give it a nice texture. Add what ever cheese I have on hand and if I'm really ambitious I'll saute some cut up sausage links, yellow bell peppers and onions or top it off with some Clint's salsa.

Creamed eggs are the French way of making scrambled eggs. They are made with heavy cream stirred into the eggs with a fork.
I just use a little bit of milk in the eggs and whisk it up. I like scrambled eggs that way, they turn out pretty good.

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Ruin your eggs any way you want. Eggs a la Stinky Feet or whatever. :ROFLMAO: The unwillingness to try and learn something new is regrettable.

Last edited:
Back