Schaeffer's vrs full synthetic Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have any questions of wich is a better oil or what ever. Thats been hashed out many times and I dont think a definite answer would come up since they are probably all good oils.

My question is price. Lots of people say that Schaeffers is a good price alternative to full synthetic. I looked that their site and they list it as being $4.50 a quart or $54+shipping.

Amsoil is $48.90 for a 2.5 gallon bottle. Comes out to $4.08 a quart+tax if I buy local or shipping.

Is there something I am missing???
dunno.gif
Every one says its more cost effective than buying full synthetic but from what I've seen it aint. Or is my math screwed up somewere???
rolleyes.gif

TIA and happy 4th!
patriot.gif

yer missing it. Buy direct from them, you pay a high retail price. Buy from one of the distributors such as Tim mills with mills outdoor(ad located on top of car forum) or buy from Bob at wholesale with no shipping costs, price is less than 3. a qt(33.60 a case of 12) at your door delivered.

Here's tims number
 -

[ July 03, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

If there is a better value on HDD oil for Diesels than Schaeffers 15w-40 7000 Blend for the money I haven't found it.

But I'm always looking
rolleyes.gif

In doing the Schaeffers research, I came across the fact that Schaeffers has a "full synthetic oil also. Why has a comparo between Delvac 1, Redline, Amsoil, etc. Schaeffers (all group lV except for Shaeffers?, not been done? (oil analysis, subject discussion etc).

Again for the Schaeffers synthetic BLEND, with a minimum of 12 qts it can be had for 2.80 a qt, or 33.60 a case delievered, from tim mills or bobstheoilguy?

And how much for the full synthetic?

[ August 01, 2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: ruking77 ]

Phillip

Tim is easy to work with and the delivery was pretty quick at four days.

If you decide to go whole hog and do the $250.00 order. Remember you can mix or match products in case lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back