Schaeffer's Supreme and Auto-Rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a moot point as I'm coming up on 4K of the "rinse" phase on my second treatment of ARX. I did the first treatment "by the book" using Chevron Supreme for the rinse phase. Second bottle in, drove for another 1.2K and dumped the oil and filter. Filled the crankcase with 703 and went on my merry way. Now, with all the testimony and advise about ARX's "cleaning" taking place in the rinse phase, am I ok using the Shaeffer's? Its a blend but I don't know how much the PAO add will affect the overall cleaning during this phase. I do know the oil went from a nice green color to a slightly dark amber during this interval. Also, should I bother with a UOA on this or just dump it and do one on the next interval? TIA.

Auto-Rx cleaning does "NOT" take place in the rinse phase.Removing the contaminants (already liquified by the initial cleansing with Auto-Rx)
from laying on the metal parts is what the rinse does. Using a non synthetic oil with a simple additive package for this step is best. Look at it another way several photos have been posted on this board where engine parts were freshly cleaned with Auto-Rx you could have taken a rag and wiped off the particulates laying on the engine parts. Since taking an engine apart is not feasable for most of us you have to use oil to rinse off these parts. Thats why drained rinse oil and filter so dramatic in color and filter so full.

[ December 07, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

Thank you Frank! You put it best what I was trying to say about the "cleaning" during rinse phase. Its just transporting the junk to the filter and not allowing it to collect on metal surfaces, not doing the actual cleaning. Still an important step and thats why I was wondering about the Schaeffer's I'm using for rinse. Not gonna happen that I can start all over again and put regular dino in there, Schaeffer's is there now and I'm "stuck" with it. Thats why I'm wondering if it will be ok to use or if I should do something different, ie; run it in rinse phase alittle longer. Thanks again.

On my last RX treatment I used Schaffer Supreme for both the cleaning phase and the rinse phase, with much better results than my first RX treatment where I used Maxlife for both phases. The esters in Maxlife probably hindered the process (although I still saw drastically improved UOA results even after that first treatment!)

Thanks Patman, just curious about how the added PAOs would do with ARX. I'm going to do a UOA on it just for grins. Terry, get ready, another one coming at ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back