Schaeffer's 0w-40 Supreme 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for days and can,t for life of me find the zinc level OR if this oil is ok for my 1994-GMC--350?? -flat tappet ] I have been using the 5w-40 diesel oil but want to use a oil for gas engines --Maybe I,ll just keep using the 5w-40 diesel if this 0w-40 is not good?

All they keep going to is the 15w-40 diesel OR 15w-40 race oil? Was thinking on there 5w-50 oil it is rated SM so is it ok for street use correct??? but also think its to thick? I use schaeffers products in my 5 mowers --etc. --I use the 15w-40 race oil in my gas mowers and works good from what I can see,,,and like them for those things--- but don,t like to use 5w-30 oil at all---

Also I have three older bolens tractors with eaton-11 hyd. pumps and was thinking on using schaeffer,s #315 hyd. oil in the transmissions for them? Been using 10w-30 synthetic motor oil -----They use this same pump in wheel horse--bolens--cub-cadet etc. and everyone says use something different??? eaton says use 20w hyd. oil but 10w-30 oil is ok too.

I have read ALOT post on this subject and looks like if the oil has molly and other friction modifiers it be ok anyways?

Where do you fellows go to buy Schaeffer's?

My nearest source is 65 miles away and is the smallest of fish so he charges full list price.

That's a NO GO for me.

OP, there is a VOA of that oil here on the site.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...77857/voa-on-schaeffers-0w40#Post5277857

As the OP over there said, it's tough to read but is that 1637 Zn?

Originally Posted by Kira

My nearest source is 65 miles away and is the smallest of fish so he charges full list price.

That's a NO GO for me.

I have found that stores are the highest...go through a rep myself and would recommend it, or contact member Salesrep for a quote.

That's a NO GO for me.

You can buy it on Amazon and assuming you're willing to order in bulk the prices aren't bad. A case is still pricey, but if you order a 5 gallon bucket the price per quart goes down to Wal-Mart shelf oil levels.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster

That's a NO GO for me.

You can buy it on Amazon and assuming you're willing to order in bulk the prices aren't bad. A case is still pricey, but if you order a 5 gallon bucket the price per quart goes down to Wal-Mart shelf oil levels.

I couldn't find it at that price...do you have a link?

$99/case of 12 is over $8 a quart. MUCH less via a rep.

What's wrong with CASTROL 0W40 European oil?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted by JLTD

That's a NO GO for me.

Yeah, I can't find the 0W-40 either actually. I know for the lighter viscosities it sells for around $150 for a 5 gallon drum, which makes it a lot more reasonable.

That's a NO GO for me.

Yeah, I can't find the 0W-40 either actually. I know for the lighter viscosities it sells for around $150 for a 5 gallon drum, which makes it a lot more reasonable.

I looked and looked, too.....

That's $7.50/quart in the bucket.....I got mine (9000 5w30) for about $6.80 per quart from my rep, and IIRC the 0w-40 is the same per quart. Based on previous UOAs with Schaeffer's, I think I will likely be able to go a year and at least 12,000 miles in the 4Runner. (The EB is a different story)

I looked and looked, too.....

That's $7.50/quart in the bucket.....I got mine (9000 5w30) for about $6.80 per quart from my rep, and IIRC the 0w-40 is the same per quart. Based on previous UOAs with Schaeffer's, I think I will likely be able to go a year and at least 12,000 miles in the 4Runner. (The EB is a different story)

Does your price include shipping, though? Because even the 5 gallon bucket ships free on Amazon if you've got prime.

Schaeffer's is quality oil. It's been duly noted (bitog) that Schaeffer's stopped using Antimony in some products. Antimony is rather expensive!

Does your price include shipping, though? Because even the 5 gallon bucket ships free on Amazon if you've got prime.

My cost did not include shipping, if you get $375 worth or more it's free shipping.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
From their site.

https://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/316-9040-td.pdf

Has a good shot of zinc and phosphorus if that's what you looking for. That link doesn't show the moly but I think Schaeffer is know for high moly.

I been looking at the 5w30 7000 for my 350 and think I will try it next spring in both my 5.7 and 3.8.

I just wanted to be more sure about using [0w-40 ] it for 94-GMC I know this is an old subject on old 350,s but need cold weather start and I run it hard in summer--has 108,000 miles and showroom condition want to keep it. Got it down south and one of those deals of a 95 year old Lady bought it new and kept it NICE so could not turn it down, diesel oil been ok but my gut tells me use different oil? Thought about 15w-40 race oil but think has to much zinc for street? And not as good in cold?
My mower engines get run hard so race oil in them and is good so far. Thanks.

P3211216 (1024x768).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back