Schaeffers 0w-20 3.2k miles / Honda 1.5l DI turbo 69k miles

Poaris... I see a Polaris Labs in Houston, Tx. I only see two sample kits offered on Amsoil site. I just recieved two test kits with an order from Amsoil. How does one identify the connection to Polaris? Is that where Amsoil does their uoa or is it a seperate uoa kit they send out?

See
Oil Analyzers Fluid Analysis Program by AMSOIL Inc.
www.oaitesting.com

Poaris... I see a Polaris Labs in Houston, Tx. I only see two sample kits offered on Amsoil site. I just recieved two test kits with an order from Amsoil. How does one identify the connection to Polaris? Is that where Amsoil does their uoa or is it a seperate uoa kit they send out?

I have 5w20 + 0w20 Amsoil stored in my shop. I will just use it all on my 2009 now and probably go to Walmart oils for the 2018 with the shorter
oci. I am shooting between 3000 to 5000. Do not feel right over 5000 oci in that car. I don't anticipate real trouble as I live in a very hot climate. Still running the specified 0w20 yet may go to 0w30 or 5w30 later on once warranty ends.
The AMSOIL kits, when you receive the test results, are from "Oil Analyzers". Here's an old thread on the subject of them being the same lab (Polaris/OAI):

The AMSOIL kits, when you receive the test results, are from "Oil Analyzers". Here's an old thread on the subject of them being the same lab (Polaris/OAI):
That is where the next uo samples from me are going. Thanks 4 all the info. I am learning to relax about the "little turbo" engine now that I know what to do / watch.... It is a nice driver and especially the 42 to 44 mpg on the highway makes it pleasant. Just no extended oil changes with that one. No expensive oils going thru it anymore either. Its on the last fill of Shaeffer's now.

Runs leaner. We saw this when I was a tech at Honda. I also experimented with my car when I bought it. I installed a catch can on it as soon as I PDI it. I used 87 octane and the catch can would have fuel in it, oil was horrible of fuel. Switched to 93 octane and changed oil. Also monitored wide bands with HDS and saw the AFR leaner.

Runs leaner. We saw this when I was a tech at Honda. I also experimented with my car when I bought it. I installed a catch can on it as soon as I PDI it. I used 87 octane and the catch can would have fuel in it, oil was horrible of fuel. Switched to 93 octane and changed oil. Also monitored wide bands with HDS and saw the AFR leaner.
My suspicion is that the DI system uses enrichment to curb knock, so, if you use a higher octane fuel, it detects less knock, so reduces the enrichment. This would definitely lead to less fuel in the oil.

Back