Schaeffer Vs Mobil 1 on Timken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think very highly of Schaeffer's lubricant products, but I would not give you two cents for that friction test machine. As for as I'm concerned it proves absolutely nothing when it comes to motor oil. Maybe for some gear oil and grease applications.

There are a lot of oils that won't squeal or smoke on that machine.

Doesn't passing that test require EP additives, which are lightly corrosive to some metals in an engine? I thought I heard that somewhere...

Mobil says, companies that do these kind of bench test, put extreme pressure additives in their oil just to do well on these kind of useless test. Also M1 does't do that because EP additives cause excessive corrosion.

Just saw your post and you are correct. These companies are desperate to find ways to deceive the puplic.

Last edited:
WOW. That was amazing. We posted about the same thing at the same dang time.

Yes, it was Mobil's site where I heard that. I was just looking for some independent verification.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
So are the oils that out do the other oils on those Timken tests tainted with an additive to make them appear to be better? It is very possible. No one knows what exactly`s in all of the various oil bottles used. This one got my attention awhile back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEj-VMwgz3U&feature=related

Yes. It's a deceptive test designed to fool the public. So far XM doesn't do that kind of slight of hand advertising. But who knows about the future. Iv'e seen that clip as well. Strange why they resort to that.

Last edited:
try that test with bleach it works just as good....Man I am missing out I could be selling super quassi 2000 engine snot.
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

....Oh yeah bleach is corrosive **NOTE I AM NOT SPEAKING ILL OF SCHAEFFERS***, just showing the test sucks for this purpose

Originally Posted By: Dupree
try that test with bleach it works just as good....Man I am missing out I could be selling super quassi 2000 engine snot.
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

....Oh yeah bleach is corrosive **NOTE I AM NOT SPEAKING ILL OF SCHAEFFERS***, just showing the test sucks for this purpose

Funny thing about the bleach.........I`ve noticed that when you get it on your hands,it feels VERY slippery. Interesting indeed!

"Schaeffer’s representatives do use this sales tool. It is a very effective way to demonstrate the effects of our moly and penetro plating up on metals and creating a boundary lubricant. Grease, gear oil, Penetro 90, and moly roller chain can also be used on the machine to show and explain the benefits of our lubricants and educate a customer on base stocks, blending techniques, additives, etc. Less friction…less wear.

At the end of the day, if someone decides to purchase Schaeffers, they will get high quality products sold by high quality salesmen, backed by a 169 year old, debt free, ISO 9002 company."
Mark A. Smith.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Dupree
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

Funny thing about the bleach.........I`ve noticed that when you get it on your hands,it feels VERY slippery. Interesting indeed!

yeah the bleach actually does better in the timken test than most oils, but there is no way in he** we would put bleach in our engines would we. which shows why this test has no merit, a lot of the snake oils that do so well on the timken have chlorine in the composition hmmmmm corrosives in the motor doesn't seem good. Chlorine was actually brought about as a chemical weapon yet we use it for cleaning duh, hydrogen peroxide will actually do everything bleach does even whiten your whites without the corrosive an inhalation danger hmmm.

"Funny thing about the bleach.........I`ve noticed that when you get it on your hands,it feels VERY slippery. Interesting indeed!"

It's actually attacking your skin to make it feel slick. If you wear a rubber glove it will not feel slick at all.

I can't believe that you don't understand thst Schaeffer's oil Kicks Mobil 1 butt. Regarding the Timken friction machine do you know of a better demo? I doubt it. As to comparing the use of bleach is silly you can't run bleach in your car. The great thing about Schaeffer oil it has 2 friction modifiers which make it the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back