Saying goodbye to my Contitraks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in defense of other comments, my experience with Goodyear OE tires (Eagle LS & Corsa GT) was marginally better-the Eagles made it to 20K, the Corsas dry-rotted by 60K. Weirdly, the OE Hankooks that my Ford vans have been fine!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I would put it in more diplomatic terms-but my '03 Vibe came with OE Contis, GM replaced them under warranty for wacky wear on the REAR 2 tires at 10K, the replacement ones also wore strangely & were bad inside of 20K. Also my mom's brand new Matrix came with the Contis OE-BALD at 15K-and she is a 75 year-old grandma! NO THANKS! I'm with 95busa on this one!

I don't doubt your experience...I had the same experience with General OE tires on an Expedition...but I will tell you my experience so that you can add it with the others to help answer your question...I won't just tell you, "Brand XXX Suck"...

And I won't tell you, "If you don't like it, I encourage you to fill out a report in triplicate and file it with the "I don't care what you think" department."

So we are judging how well "OE tires are", by "how long they last"? My OE RSAs will last will past 50k (and they are 45 series), but there's no way I will be able to stand them that long. There's way more to tires, than treadwear. Saying "all brand X tires suck", is also just silly.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
I love Conti DWS tires...

They suck:? I don't think so.

TR2.png

Thank you .

I will say this. quit being so sensitive. That's something hugely wrong in America. People feel "offended" or "bullied " next thing you know they are on a shooting spree or offing themselves. I am a plain spoken guy, get over it. I think your analysis is probably spot on, but who cares? My position is how the free market works. Sell me a garbage product - a very expensive one at that, and I am not doing business with you any more. My opinion becomes now and forever more, your product sucks.

Well, perhaps a trifle narrow minded, but who can blame you?

I, too, am hard to convince once I've been taken to the cleaners by anything. But some mfgrs actually pay attention and do better over time, so being totally resolute is a bit extreme and may cut you off from a really good deal. But I would defend your right to say whatever, people around here need to grow a little skin.

I do know what CapriRacer has told us time and again, OEM is not necessarily a reflection on the aftermarket.

There has always been a stigma with Continental tires for me. I've been attracted to their advertisement or reviews, but something just doesn't sit right.

I've never tried them but I don't think I'll start any time soon!

Originally Posted By: 95busa
I will say this. quit being so sensitive. That's something hugely wrong in America. People feel "offended" or "bullied " next thing you know they are on a shooting spree or offing themselves. I am a plain spoken guy, get over it. I think your analysis is probably spot on, but who cares? My position is how the free market works. Sell me a garbage product - a very expensive one at that, and I am not doing business with you any more. My opinion becomes now and forever more, your product sucks.

Interesting character, interesting post.

Sounds either like one of the captains of the football team or the exact opposite.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
A lot of Tauruses came with Continental contitracks ... they were horrible and were shot in about 10k miles.

Mine had Affinity tires.

My mother's Sable came with Contis...they lasted about 65,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma

Interesting character, interesting post.

Sounds either like one of the captains of the football team or the exact opposite.

Thanks! Or the exact opposite!

Originally Posted By: Rand
Contis suck

Yea because they make one model of tire and your friend told you so..

Ok......i will play your silly game.they suck because I had them on my 05 dodge ram 4x4. They came on the truck when I bought it used. Traction in snow was absolutely atrocious, dangerous at times. They were fine on non wintertime roads and on the road. Offroad they were also atrocious, but that was to be expected. I replaced them with bfg a/ts and never looked back.

so blame dodge then.. they specified the spec for the oem tires that were fitted on your vehicle. Continental just made them to that spec.

They werent OEM...They came with the truck when I bought it used. OEM was Goodyear SR-As. So you want me to blame Dodge because Conti made a garbage tire that someone put on a truck I bought? OK.....by that logic I should blame Ruger because the Wolf ammo that came with the rifle I bought is garbage. Not much logic there my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back