Saturn rings stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto-Rx ships as a thick liquid if you will put bottle under hot water for a few minutes or keep it inside for a night and than use it will pour like 10-20-30 oil. Most of our customers know this. Once Auto-Rx is in host oil it takes on characteristics of your oil both in hot and cold temperatures. Pouring Auto-Rx through a funnel
without warming it up is a waste.How to use Auto-Rx is on many message boards and certainly on
web site. As said in previous post wax crytals melt in oil once engine has reached operating temperature.

Frank,

"Crystals found in filters is a normal event, they have become part of the contaminants and driven to the filter."

I assume you are NOT implying that the crystals ARE contaminants. Or are the crystals encapsulating some of the contaminants as well?

The lanolin ester crystals that we are talking about are not a contaminant. Yes they do encapsulate contaminants. These crystals are very soft in nature and are part and parcel a nature of the beast. In oil, dino or synthetic, they are semi-liquid. In other words they are shearable or spreadable, almost like a light grease. They are incapable of scratching soft plastics, never mind any metal surfaces. At operating termperatures they dissappear, completely flowable. They do have cleaning properties. I have studied contaminants found in oil filters. Once liberating the contaminants with an aliphatic hydrocarbon flush can re-identify the lanolin wax.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick20:
Once liberating the contaminants with an aliphatic hydrocarbon flush can re-identify the lanolin wax.

So, am I correct in that some of the crud that is seen in the filters by some RX customers upon using RX is, in fact, this lanolin wax (which may or may not contain contaminants)? And if seen by some users ( the crud or wax etc) why not all users?

To answer the question. The more contamination that the filter catches, the tighter the filter becomes. The tighter the filter becomes, the shear volume of oil contaminants, oil, and Auto-Rx will increase within the the filter element of the actual filter.

Here's an update as promised!
At 46057 miles (10/27/02), I added 8oz AutoRx to a new oil change, and since then I have run approximately 1000 miles. My initial report of no consumption was misleading, I overfilled the oil and was not getting an accurate rate. At 46640 miles the oil was at the full line. At 47106 miles (1/5/03) I changed the filter only and am continuing to let the AutoRx work. I had lost 0.25 qt, for a rate of 1.6 qt/3000 miles. This is higher than my initial rate of 1.1 qt/3000 mi before I started experimenting with oil treatments, but it is a 15% improvement over the peak rate of 1.9 qt/3000 mi at the beginning of the AutoRx trial. The fact that AutoRx reversed the rapidly increasing consumption rate trend is a good sign. I am holding out for a reduction below that original 1.1 rate before I will really be happy. One other thing I am hoping for is a cleaning of the varnish in the valve cover area, but that is happening at a very slow rate.

I plan filter changes at 1000 mile intervals. After 3000 miles (around 49000 miles on the odo), I'll do a complete oil change - the oil will still be good, but I'm pretty sure the AutoRx will be too diluted to be effective. It is too soon to say, but at that time I may try Neutra or something else, and/or I could start a second treatment of AutoRx.

A question to Rick20,

So the wax or waxy crystals are actually ester-type micelles encapsulating the contaminants?

ok, I have posted results but no I've noticed a decrease in my oil consumption in the period after my first dose of RX.

I ran the first dosage RX for 1000 miles in the crankcase then filled with mobil drive clean 5w30. Here's my usage since then(expressed in miles since the change):

750mi - down 3/4qt topped up
1300mi - down 1/2qt topped up
1700 mi - down 1/4 qt topped up
2000 mi - down less than 1/4qt topped up

I added another bottle of RX at 2000 miles. I've also noticed the oil spots on my driveway seem to have stopped appearing lately. I wouldn't be surprised if I was leaking more oil than I was burning. I'll keep everyone posted with my results when I get this next 1000 miles of Auto-RX out of the way. I had initially not seen any improvement, but as time progressed I could definitely tell a difference. I spoke to frank directly about a treatment schedule and it's posted in another thread in the Car and Truck Gas Engine Oil section under the topic "freakin saturn, I give up". As you can tell I havn't given up after noticing such an improvement. All I can stress is that DINO oil is extremely important.

--Matt

Since I started this thread I'd like to direct Saturn owners to my post under Additives, B-12. Thanks Dragboat!
worshippy.gif

Chris keep on the Auto-Rx & Saturn Program it
will yield positive results. EPA individual's testing Auto-Rx in you guessed it Saturn's.Will keep you posted by the way there on same program your on.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris:
Since I started this thread I'd like to direct Saturn owners to my post under Additives, B-12. Thanks Dragboat!
worshippy.gif

Your welcome. I was more than happy to help you after the other things you tried for your Saturn. Pretty smart and cost effective huh?
wink.gif
Where's a pat myself on the back Imocon when you need one ?
tongue.gif
Ahhh a cold Budweiser will do
wink.gif

Now,if I can just get you settled on a oil for your bike! He He!,,Road Atlanta this year,,you going???

Recent Photographs of Auto-Rx Cleansing Action

Here is a link to some pictures of my SHO with the valve cover off. Auto-RX treatment was don at 68k, and then the car was converted to AMSoil 0W-30 Synthetic. This is the valve train at 73k It is quite clean, and would be cleaner if it weren't for the dark oil on the head. Feel free to use any of the pictures if you'd like. I think I'm gonna be ordering up some more to add to my oil in the 3oz maint. doses every 3-5k or so. Thanks for the great product.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/netviper576/SHO (to get pictures, copy and paste this web site into the Address box above).

files are cleanfronthead.jpg (great lighting) & fronthead.jpg (ok lighting)

Bruce

Hi guys!

Here's another update - the second 1000 miles with AutoRx is over, and the oil consumption rate has fallen consistently to just 1.04 qt/3k mi avg.
Here's my log starting at the first 1000 miles of the AutoRx treatment.

47106 1/5/03
Oil -0.25 qt = 1.61 qt/3kmi
Changed filter, top off
with Citgo 5W30 SL
47414 1/25/03
Oil -0.15 qt =1.46 qt/3kmi
47743 2/15/03
Oil -0.25 qt = 1.177 qt/3kmi
48031 3/9/03
Oil -0.35 qt = 1.04 qt/3kmi

This is below my initial rate of 1.1 qt/3k mi, and a bit more than half of my peak rate of 1.9 qt/3k mi after my treatment with other products. The trend is good, if it continues I will be able to achieve a respectable consumption rate with one more treatment. It will be interesting to see what happens since I am at the point where I have reversed the negative progress I had from the other cleaning products, so I am actually back at the baseline, and I hope that it does not turn out to be a plateau.

I am changing the filter and topping off, and I'll run another 1000 miles with the dilute AutoRx.

I'm still undecided about what to do after that - it'll be a full change, but I don't know if I'll add more AutoRx, switch to using the maintenance dose of AutoRx, or just run Citgo dino SL with no additive. Suggestions are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back