Sam's Club Prime Oil

I'm new to this site and do not know much about oil, but has anyone used this? It is Inexpensive, 21.48$ for 12 quarts. 5w30 Synblend API certified SN, SM, SL, ILSAC, GF-5
I have a 2005 Subaru Forester with 73,000 on it, for 3750 mile OCI this should be a deal.

Originally Posted by Env1ous
Since Sam's club is owned by wal-mart I would assume it is Super Tech?

Probably...conventional at less than $2 a quart is a deal, and going only 3750 miles would be easily done. (and likely 5k)

$1.79 per quart for 5w30 API SN synthetic blend? Sounds like a deal!
Anything with the starburst logo and API donut (with your required spec) will be fine: API Website

There was a discussion a few years back: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4757405/Sams_Club%27s_new_Prime_Series_m

A commenter plugged the UPC into WalMart's search app http://msds.walmartstores.com/ and it came up as Chevron. Could've changed but the SDS hasn't been archived yet.

Originally Posted by The_Cams
There was a discussion a few years back: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4757405/Sams_Club%27s_new_Prime_Series_m

A commenter plugged the UPC into WalMart's search app http://msds.walmartstores.com/ and it came up as Chevron. Could've changed but the SDS hasn't been archived yet.

This ^^^^ - shows to be Chevron Supreme according to the SDS / UPC code for 5W30 - 023968374679

I'm thinking of purchasing a case and running it in my old Accord.

Chevron Supreme Conventional @ Costco used to be a great deal when on sale. Currently $39.99 per case .

This Sam's oil might be my new favorite deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DGXR
$1.79 per quart for 5w30 API SN synthetic blend? Sounds like a deal!
Anything with the starburst logo and API donut (with your required spec) will be fine: API Website

With the current Mobil 1 rebate if you buy a 5 quart jug at Walmart for $22.88 you get $12 back so you end up getting 5 quarts for 10.88, or $2.17 per quart. That's a better deal than a synthetic blend any day of the week.

I have used Chevron Supreme conventional 10w30 when Amazon used to carry it for 11$ for a 5quart jug, it worked fine. The older non turbo EJ25 engine is
not picky about oil. Actually the only time it used oil was when I was trying to extend Delo 10w30 out to a 5000 Miles OCI, it burned a quart quickly when I hit 4200 miles. I have taken synthetics out to 5k without issue. I wrongly assumed I could take Delo out to 5k easy without burning any.

I have been using use whatever oil on sale, (conventional, blend, synthetic) since I received the car with 18k on it. I have a case of 10w30 Wolfs head I just bought, I'll Probably buy the Sam's Prime 5w-30 too since I can get 3 oil changes out of a case.

I just joined basically for free on a Discover Card offer. The Prime oil is a serious bargain, just wish they made it in high mileage as well... :(

In the monthly ValPak mailer, there was an offer for join Sams for 35 dollars, get 35 dollars back on your first purchase there over 100.

There used to be quite a few Sam's Club stores in Washington they moved out of Tax unfriendly Washington!

I went to the one in Auburn near what used to be called the Super Mall. Now it’s a mostly deserted place. I recall going there about five years ago and seeing all the empty storefronts.

Didn’t Amazon buy that Sams Club?

I went to the one in Auburn near what used to be called the Super Mall. Now it’s a mostly deserted place. I recall going there about five years ago and seeing all the empty storefronts.

Didn’t Amazon buy that Sams Club?
You know I'm not sure about that but the Sam's Club in Renton is still vacant no one has taken it over and the Gas pumps are all gone. Its the same story we have seen in California in my mind.

I haven't seen a Valpack in years if not decades LOL. I suddenly stopped getting them and suspect they were stolen out of the mail...

Back