Sam's Club Gasoline

I know that this fuel is NOT Top Tier but does anyone have any hard data on the detergency level? Is it just another cheap fuel that meets government minimum standards or does it have a little extra detergent? Just curious if anyone knows.

Just another cheap fuel. Noting wrong with it. Have racked up almost 340k on my suv and have never had a single fuel related issue. OE pump, lines, rails, all 8 injectors and such, Never used a cleaner either. Did check the fuel trims about 2 years ago and they were fine and it still runs smooth at idle. Always used the cheapest fuel.

The Sams around me is 7 to 10 cents less than surrounding gas stations. Not worth it in my opinion specially nor being Top Tier.

I have used "cheap gas" and never had an issue. I have never had fuel line related issues, motor issues, or anything else. It would seem what ever the government minimum is works. I have pulled my 5,000 pound travel trailer up 8,000 foot mountain passes (a common thing here in the west) on cheap gas. My Silverado (5.3) got single digits on any gas going up mountain passes so why not use the cheapest? SO what ever that's worth.

There is now a new Costco store literally up the street-so I now use their gas.

I buy almost all of my gas from Costco which is supposedly "top tier." IMO is all about the same even if you go to the less expensive stores. I have a Sam's card too however it's farther away from the house and I seldom use Sam's unless I go out of state.

I know that this fuel is NOT Top Tier but does anyone have any hard data on the detergency level? Is it just another cheap fuel that meets government minimum standards or does it have a little extra detergent? Just curious if anyone knows.
Was using it in a 2006 Honda Odyssey for about a year. No ill effects. Once the Sam's club membership expired, we went back to top tier gasoline.

$0.25 a gallon cheaper than a Holiday that is a block away here. I have never had a problem with it.

Sam's is usually cheaper here. Its not top tier but they go through so much volume, you never have to worry about old, stale, or bad fuel.

The Sams around me is 7 to 10 cents less than surrounding gas stations. Not worth it in my opinion specially nor being Top Tier.
You do know that mobil shell and such get their gas from the exact same storage and distribution facility. The only difference is that they add an additive on their premium fuel or at least give you the option on the screen to pay for it. But the fuel is the same. The marketing is just that.

You do know that mobil shell and such get their gas from the exact same storage and distribution facility. The only difference is that they add an additive on their premium fuel or at least give you the option on the screen to pay for it. But the fuel is the same. The marketing is just that.
Additives matter for oil. Why not for fuel?

Additives matter for oil. Why not for fuel?
Because there a minimum that's good enough. I've always pumped the cheapest 87 and have 340k on oe everything in my fuel system and my suv runs fine to this day without ever using additives. If cheap gas was a problem you'd actually hear about it. But you don't unless it's some rattly poor quality pisspot that needs premium to actually run decently.

Because there a minimum that's good enough. I've always pumped the cheapest 87 and have 340k on oe everything in my fuel system and my suv runs fine to this day without ever using additives. If cheap gas was a problem you'd actually hear about it. But you don't unless it's some rattly poor quality pisspot that needs premium to actually run decently.
Good enough is certainly good enough.

Are you suggesting Top Tier 87 doesn’t have anymore additives than the federal minimum requirements?

They all get gas from the same terminal that is correct, even use the same truck, but each has a different detergent pack. That is the difference.

They all get gas from the same terminal that is correct, even use the same truck, but each has a different detergent pack. That is the difference.
It all goes through the same pipelines from the refineries to the tank farms , etc.

Back