Samples "Lost" in the Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's been a month since I sent off a sample and the lab hasn't received it. First time I ever had trouble and, of course, it's the sample I have most wanted to see analyzed. Go figure. I've never paid to put delivery confirmation or tracking info on my sample before and maybe I should. Probably some pedantic postal inspector has glommed it thinking he is saving the world somehow. The lab says it's not a dead horse yet, as sometimes they are redirected to some place that checks them for hazardous content and eventually forwards them on.

Next time.. a box and a tracking number.

Keep a duplicate sample for each one sent off. We do that at work when sending dirt for contamination testing. Too expensive to lose!

I wouldn't ever send it in those little black plastic bottles they tell you to send them in. Just put it in a box and send it away. It cost a lot to do that though. They've really jacked the rates up lately.

I sent my last 3 to Blackstone in a single box via Fed-Ex ground for $5.25. I tried it once with USPS and it was a royal pain and a long delivery time. If memory serves, I paid $3.xx for USPS and so the extra $2.00 is worth it to me.

I asked Blackstone specifically if keeping the samples in the sample bottles for an extended time would hurt anything or skew the test results and they indicated no. So lately (unless I have an immediate need to know), I have been waiting until I have a few to send before shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back