Sako L579 Forester 243

My dad bought this rifle for me on my 12th birthday. I killed my second deer with it that same year. It currently has a Leupold VX-1 3-9X40 scope on it. Date of manufacture 1964.
Anyway, l'm wanting to sell it but don't know for how much. Looking on Gunbriker, and various other online gun sites/stores, they are selling from $850 to as high as $2800. I know mine isn't worth $2800. I can take pics of it later today.
Does anyone else here have a rifle like this, or even a Sako? At what price did you purchase it at? What should l ask for mine?

Just trying to give some perspective. Mine is about ten years old, very accurate and well built. It has a synthetic stock, not wood. The detachable magazine is plastic (and expensive). Hope that is helpful.

Caliber matters as does original wood and condition of bluing and the throat. If in excellent shape $1500-$1700 and some patience can find you a buyer. Often a buyer will contract a smith in your area to review it. The people that collect these are similar to the rabid folk who collect Savage 99's.

The gun valuation site I looked at said basically $1,500.

At the risk of prying, I have to ask, why part with a gun your Dad gave you?

I lost my Dad 30 years ago. I couldn’t part with something that he gave me.

Had the rifle since you were 12? Keep the rifle! That must have a ton of sentimental value that you can’t put a price on. Your son may love to get it one day.

The gun valuation site I looked at said basically $1,500.

At the risk of prying, I have to ask, why part with a gun your Dad gave you?

I lost my Dad 30 years ago. I couldn’t part with something that he gave me.
Agree on this one, I have a Sako Finnbear 30-06 I inherited from my dad, no way I'm getting rid of it.

SAKO .243 Pics
In pics #2 and #3 I circled the model (L579) and where it was made (Made In Finland).

Attachments

• SAKO1.jpg
    SAKO1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 65
  • SAKO2.jpg
    SAKO2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 65
  • SAKO3.jpg
    SAKO3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 60
  • SAKO4.jpg
    SAKO4.jpg