Safety Seal Tire Plugs

Just ordered a new set of Safety Seal tire plugs and the new batch no longer has a date code printed on the package. When they were manufacturing in MA, customer service suggested replacing every 6yrs due to potential degradation. Now the new owners in ND no longer date codes their tire plugs. I am thinking about sending them back. Are there any other tire plugs that that date code their product? Any suggestions?

Personally, I would not sweat the date code at all. I really doubt they are rotating stock like that anyway. Safety Seal are the best you can get and as long as they aren't laying out in the sun and stored away, I don't buy the degradation statement. The 6 year thing is probably just a liability thing taken from what tire manufactures suggest on tire replacement. I don't recall seeing expiration dates on other types of plugs like Slime, etc. If it really bothered me, I would just write the date I got it on the package with a sharpie and call it good.

Those are a the best plugs. Use em. If you are that worried about the date do you worry about a plugged tire? I'm guessing not. Write a date on the package and throw them out in a few years if it bothers you .

Thank you for your inputs. Tomorrow, I will call ND Safety Seal and get some date code answers.

Just contacted ND safety seal and date codes are no longer used. If u buy from Amazon-Meyers Tires, they assured me Meyers buy often and the purchase date minus 4weeks is the approximate manufacturer’s date code.

The next purchase date is Dec 1, 2029.

1 Box of 60 Plugs Total Safety Seal Tire Plugs Tire Repair Brown, 4" Safety Seal https://a.co/d/b1qQ8DA

Just contacted ND safety seal and date codes are no longer used. If u buy from Amazon-Meyers Tires, they assured me Meyers buy often and the purchase date minus 4weeks is the approximate manufacturer’s date code.

The next purchase date is Dec 1, 2029.

1 Box of 60 Plugs Total Safety Seal Tire Plugs Tire Repair Brown, 4" Safety Seal https://a.co/d/b1qQ8DA
I hear that, but amazon combines stock from different sellers.

Meyers is legit and local to me.. (and probably not an issue)
but you might have gotten stock that chingdiog sellers llc sent to amazon warehouse since its all mingled.

I know I have with aquapel.. more fakes on amazon than ebay :oops: .

I hear that, but amazon combines stock from different sellers.

Meyers is legit and local to me.. (and probably not an issue)
but you might have gotten stock that chingdiog sellers llc sent to amazon warehouse since its all mingled.

I know I have with aquapel.. more fakes on amazon than ebay :oops: .
That maybe the case in some situations, however my tire plugs were fedex from Akron,Ohio and included an actual Meyers Tire invoice. The plugs were not picked from Amazon warehouse. I was lucky and avoided that Chingdogg LLC seller.
Lol

Amazon tracking info:
Tracking info provided by Myers Tire Supply
You can also contact the seller with questions

That maybe the case in some situations, however my tire plugs were fedex from Akron,Ohio and included an actual Meyers Tire invoice. The plugs were not picked from Amazon warehouse. I was lucky and avoided that Chingdogg LLC seller.
Lol

Amazon tracking info:
Tracking info provided by Myers Tire Supply
You can also contact the seller with questions
so it was sold and shipped by myers that should be ok.

its when sold by myers shipped by amazon that mingling can occur.

Industrial hydraulics guy here, and "rubber" sealing items. O-rings and accumulator bladders stored for long terms are in black plastic sealed bags. Light and ozone are the concerns.

Back