S&W M&P 2.0 10mm

The S&W M&P 2.0 is now in10mm.
Looks like a really nice gun. I love the 10mm caliber. I've got a Glock 20 and love shooting it.

Aside from recreational shooting is there an advantage of 10MM over 9MM for self defense?
Complex subject - depends on the threat, really.

There are other factors to be considered: magazine capacity, recoil, follow-up shots, shooter experience, etc.

For self-defense against a threat that is under the influence of drugs? Wearing winter clothing? Large in size? 10mm has some performance advantages.

I am a fan of the 10mm. But in my case, the disadvantages of recoil and follow up are mitigated by experience and training. Magazine capacity limitations are mitigated by the capacity of the Glock 20. But the G20 is a big gun, hard to conceal, not appropriate for many situations...

If you're going to shoot light loaded 10mm, then you should just get a .40 S&W. Same velocity/energy.

Full pressure 10mm is a lot of fun, and works very well. I carry Buffalo Bore, in the 220g hard cast for 4 legged threats and in the 180g JHP for more common defense scenarios.

I've got a few 10mm pistols, including the G20, a Dan Wesson Razorback, a S&W 1006, and a Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator (a 1911). I'm looking for a S&W 1076 to add to that collection.

This M&P is an interesting option, and I too wonder about durability. The S&W 1006 was legendary for its durability. It weighs about twice as much as the G20, all that steel comes at a cost, but it's a reliable, durable gun.

i have a mp45 1.0 and its one of my favorite guns. 11 rounds of 45 love will stop a lot of things. 16 rounds of 10mm will do it even better. throw an optic on that thing and it will make a great home defense gun. for 2 legged animals and most 4 legged

Back