s-oil Seven

Hi,
I was at my local garage for an oil change today and he recommended i give full synthetic s-oil seven red #9 5w-30 (or system seven) a try. It has API SP / ILSAC GF-6A rating and looks like the it is made in South Korea. I still had him put PUP in the car (Acura TL awd 3.7L), but just wondering what the feedback here is, might try it next OC.
Tried a search but didn't pull up anything, lol. TIA!

Yeah google didn offer much except manufacturer web site info - thanks for the BITOG thread tho!

AFAIK, South Korea(more so GS and SK) are major producers of GIII base oils. Yubase from SK is the most well-known of them.

S-Oil doesn’t seem like a big player, but if it’s API approved, it’s worth a shot. If anything, Hyundai/Samsung Renault/GM Korea is probably switching up between GS, SK and S-Oil for factory fill.

Reminds of a certain TV series...

1646436361778.jpg

AFAIK, South Korea(more so GS and SK) are major producers of GIII base oils. Yubase from SK is the most well-known of them.

S-Oil doesn’t seem like a big player, but if it’s API approved, it’s worth a shot. If anything, Hyundai/Samsung Renault/GM Korea is probably switching up between GS, SK and S-Oil for factory fill.

I believe ConocoPhillips buys a lot of S-Oil Base for their Synthetics and Blends including Motorcraft (USA).

Let us know what your experience is with it. Always room for a good oil.
If Phillips buys their base stock they must be capable of making good stuff.

Back