S-10 factory remote filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not too terribly familiar with GM products. I did come across something that made me wonder, and the Chilton's at the auto parts store was of no help.

Some of the earlier `90's Blazers and Jimmys came with remote oil filters. Some of those had factory oil coolers. I am curious if the ones with the remote oil coolers had a built in oil temp thermostat? I figure this is probably a long shot, but might as well ask, right?

-Jon

I have a '03 ZR2 with the same set-up, and have wondered the same thing. No one seems to know, there is a site www.zr2.com with alot of info on it, but nothing about a thermostat because I asked!

I am 99% certain there is not a thermostat. I just looked high and low on my '99 S10 4x4 and I didn't see one. One thing though.....why can't GM put decent oil lines on these vehicles? Mine have already been replaced once in 44,000 miles.

With everything up and running, I am agreeing with you Brett. I was thinking that perhaps it was built into the housing, but my temp guage shows otherwise.

I did replace a small finless tube style cooler with a small stacked plate cooler, but the temp difference is so great I dont even see the guage move anymore.
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back