Royal Purple Max Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a 2003 Rav4 manual 4WD with 100K miles / 170K kilometers from an accountant friend as an inexpensive winter ride a couple of months ago and am slowly changing all fluids and doing other service to get it winterized for our occasional -40 temperatures. Didn't like the fuel economy or performance much so after reading here about Gumout and other products containing PEA thought to look for one.

Local Canadian Tire store had Gumout Complete with Regane and Royal Purple Max Atomizer at about half the price so put in RP at max dosage, 6 ounces for 10 gallons about 3 days ago. No change the first couple of days but after burning through most of the 10 gallons this afternoon noticed less idle noise, no more jerking between shifts and somewhat less fuel consumption on my daily 20 mile drive.

My friend tells me he had never thought to clean the injectors so unless a dealership mechanic did it as part of a general tuneup and and didn't mark it in service notes injectors probably had 100,000 miles worth of carbon build up. Maybe they still have some build up.

Anyway the Rav is running a lot smoother thanks to the useful information here about PEA. I'm not affiliated with Royal Purple, don't sell their products and don't even like putting additives in fuel or oil, but this one is working for me. Thanks for the informative posts fellows.

Last edited:
Dale: another thing to remember... Once the fuel system cleaner is added to the tank... Get it mixed really well with the fuel within the tank...

Don't run the entire tank on the highway... Soaking with the engine off for a period of time is the key... {A few times in a row}... Kinda like you would greasy/oily/nasty car parts in solvent, before you scrub and clean them... Just make sure to do a bit of stop and go driving to get the fuel system full of the {Fuel with the Cleaner through out the system}...

After a few times...Take her out on the highway for a good old Italian Tune Up...

Good to know!!. Amazon has it for 5.87 with prime for 6 ounces, napa is out of stock in my area and haven't seen it in wally word or anywhere else for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back