Royal Purple 10w30, 4,500, 2005 Honda S2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time ever doing a UOA. I was on my last few quarts of Royal Purple 10w30 and Royal Purple oil filters from when I had loaded up during the pepboys 5qts oil + filter for $30 was going on.

I'm currently on Valvoline Synpower 10w30 will post my report after i change my oil to see the differences. I'll do a test on that in probably 1-2 months. I drive 80 miles roundtrip everyday so I rack on the miles pretty easy.

Blackstone Comments: ANDREW: Nothing too unusual turned up in this initial sample from your Honda S2000. Universal averages show typical wear levels for this type of engine after about 4,500 miles on the oil. This oil was in use for an unknown duration, but we can see in wear data that it was run a reasonable amount of time. Wear in the sample compares well with averages, suggesting no problems fomenting inside this Honda engine. The slightly thin viscosity is neither uncommon nor an issue at this level. No contamination, like moisture, coolant, or fuel was found. Nice first report.

Code:

OIL RP10w30
MILES IN USE 4.5k
MILES 125,355
SAMPLE TAKEN 09/03/13

ALUMINUM 1
CHROMIUM 0
IRON 5
COPPER 4
LEAD 0
TIN 0
MOLYBDENUM 1
NICKEL 1
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 3
BORON 1
SILICON 6
SODIUM 376
CALCIUM 2382
MAGNESIUM 14
PHOSPHORUS 634
ZINC 747
BARIUM 0

SUS VIS 210ºF 57.1
cSt @ 100ºC 9.39
FLASHPOINT ºF 380
FUEL% ANTIFREEZE% 0.0
WATER% 0
INSOLUBLES% 0.4

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Is this the newest SN or the older Synerlec RP?

I honestly don't know. The oil was bought in December 2012. So whatever RP was selling on the shelves last year.

Insolubles are high for the miles run although wear metals look good.
The driving you've described looks pretty easy.
I'd try another oil for a few runs and see if insolubles don't decline.
Maybe PP, Ulra, Edge or M1.

Looks good,you'll get a better idea how well an oil works for you if you do several uoa's of the same oil,otherwise it's just another uoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back