Royal enfield interceptor 650 oil choice

I've got a Euro 4 Interceptor - it gets pretty warm in Adelaide in summer. Motul 10W50, very smooth change either way. Not slick, but smooth in an unhurried way. I'm fussy with clutch and gear lever positions.
My commute is approximately 200 gear change events each way (its mostly motorway). No, I haven't actually counted. Even on 40 C plus days in the traffic the gear change remains smooth. If your interceptor has rough / very clunky changes it's most likely a mechanical issue. My last oil change was a year and about 4500 kilometres ago. Its slightly better with fresh oil but not a revelation.
If I preload the lever going up and carefully match revs on downshifts its almost faultless. While your bike is still under warranty get it back to the dealer when its at its worst and don't leave until they take positive action to rectify your bike. I'd email RE in your country as well so they can contact your dealer to put a plan together. Stay calm, be polite, civil and firm.
Good luck.

My motorcycle oil of choice, after researching lots of data sheets, is Penrite. They seem to be the only Oil manufacturer that sells a genuine group V synthetic motorcycle oil. Being an Australian company, they have a grasp of high temperature issues.
I use the relevant grades in all my bikes, and I do have a Royal Enfield Pegasus, which is basically a Classic 500 with military livery.

Your shiftng issue may be unrelated to lubrication, I would talk to your dealer about it.
Motul 7100 is 100% Group V.

Back