rough shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2004 Kia Optima,4 clinder, auto.The trans shift hard when it goes from 2nd to 3rd.Is there a additive i can use that my help it shift better?It has 47000 miles on it. Had the fluid changed about 10000 miles ago.Can anyone help.

Maybe it doesn't like the new fluid. I once got rid of a very hard 1-2 shift in a Mazda MX-6 by just by changing the fluid. It was so hard that it would occasionally squeal the tires going into second, despite only having a 2.0L. It felt perfect after the change, and has continued to for a few years now. I don't know what the Mazda dealership had used when they changed the transmission fluid at 60k miles before the car was under my care, but it obviously didn't agree with the car. I used Supertech DexIII.

is it still under warrantee??? 10 yr 100,000 miles? if so hyundai should fix it if all the maintenance was done on time..if they dont and you bought the car new lemon law should take care of it for you... Contact a lemon law Attorney they are free to the consumer

Do a drain/refill. Use ATF+4. Disconnect battery for 20min.

If shift doesn't improve, then there is something that needs looking into.

These Kia/Hyundais are not worth buying used unless you're willing to over maintain it and be gentle with it.

Original 10/100k warranty is only for the original buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back