Rotors and Pads

You made the right choice. I've run 2 sets of PowerStop pads/rotors on my F150, and honestly they're pretty lackluster.

I'm on my 1st set of Raybestos element3 pads, with their top end rotor, and performance is much better. No dust.

Certainly not as many brake jobs as a pro but I've done a few brake jobs now for family and friends with Element3 pads and rotors and had no complaints at all [ 8+ IIRC]. Three vehicles have the pads and rotors in service for over two years now, one approaching 30K miles. No noise complaints, pulsation or anything else for that matter. Thanks to @Trav they are now my go to for brakes and rotors.

Never had any noise complaints on the Raybestos Element 3 pads yet. I've installed probably 100 sets for customers and every car I own has them. They are an excellent pad.
I have had no noise complaints either in it has to be 4 years or a little more of installing them in all sorts of makes and models. Once my stash of Textar, ATE and Pagid is gone for my own cars I will stay with these.
4 rotors, all pads, 4 brand new calipers in hardware and Sunsong hoses for my MKIV VW under $500 and 2 hrs labor including filling the miserable to get at MC and bleeding, great quiet stopping. They are hard to beat.

Never had any noise complaints on the Raybestos Element 3 pads yet. I've installed probably 100 sets for customers and every car I own has them. They are an excellent pad.
How many of those are on Japanese applications?

Once my stash of Textar, ATE and Pagid is gone for my own cars I will stay with these.
Kinda off topic, but I put Textar pads on our '13 GS350 F Sport; they make the OE pad.
Squealed like a pig. Ended up with the Lexus TSB pad for the well known pad squeal on these cars.
I think the Textar had better bite...

How many of those are on Japanese applications?
I have to guess here so not accurate but Japanese and European vehicles a much lower percentage then American vehicles. Maybe 25% total of all EHT/Element 3 use was foreign.

I replaced my original OEM rotors and pads on my 2017 Hyundai Elantra with Fremax Rotors, an Sangsin pads (OEM) and very happy with them..

My wife likes her Element3 brakes on her Japanese built Subaru. She said that they feel like stock under normal driving but if you really get on them, they can pull your face off. Quiet too.
I've put them on three Subaru vehicles so far, two Foresters and one Impreza. No complaints, one is approaching 30k on the pads and rotors, Long Island and NYC traffic use.

Back