Rotella t6 vs amsoil heavy duty

Wouldn't the Rotella be cheaper cost? I'm not familiar with Amsoil HD so not sure if it's similar to their OE line or actually something better.

What are you running it in? Heavy duty and big loads or just normal daily driving operations? If you not extending drain intervals and not running abnormal (over 7500 miles) long drain cycles just use whatever is cheaper.
Personally, I run Kirkland 15W40 in my 01 Ram 2500 Cummins at 5000 miles intervals. Currently its driven highway 3 times a week 60 mile round trip and might pull 10k trailer once every 2 weeks, not very heavy duty at all. I've sent out oil test sample to Blackstone labs about 40k miles ago and they said I can run up to 7500 miles on that oil. I'm going to put another 10k miles and do another test. to see if anything changed.

Would I be better off using t6 5-40 or amsoil heavy duty? I’m not planning on extending drain intervals.
I do not understand the nature of this question.....it seems like you almost answered it yourself..........

Millions of diesel engines has had great service with Rotella, millions and millions and millions. Although it would not be my 1st choice, I would choose Rotella, simply for its price and availability, assuming it met the specs of your engine.

Back