Rotella T6 15w40 not 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by alarmguy
I wouldnt use T6 5/40 in anything, I would consider the 15/40 T6 for sure, if it can be found.
Why would that be, not using T6 5w-40 in anything? It's a very popular oil for a number of applications, including diesel, OPE, and some high performance rally type cars. What is it that you know that we don't?

Here's a pix of the Super Tech 20w-50 full syn m/c oil. It's in stock at my local Walmart, but the 10w-40 is not, as of yet. Thinking that's why they are clearing out the M1 m/c oils.. Not a deal at $8.48/qt
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Full-Synthetic-SAE-20W-50-V-Twin-Motorcycle-Oil-1-Quart/764346752
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
well I'm psyched up about new oils appearing by me, they now have the Gas Truck Rotella at the local walmart and also the 15w40 T6 and the 15w40 is the same price as the 5w40 and the Gas truck 5w30 is 23 and some cents for 5 quarts

The 15w40 Rotella is a first (that I know of) in a full synthetic. (if in fact its a full synthetic)

Royal Purple Duralec *was* the only 15w-40 full synthetic. Now there's two.
smile.gif

Now that I'm looking into it, tho.... the Royal Purple Duralec is only diesel-rated. Not API SN or whatever.... so this means it's not appropriate for gasoline engines. I wonder how serious that really is. . . .

Saw some today at the Walmart in Irving, TX. Traveling for work and I peeked down the oil aisle after I grabbed some other goods and there it was T6 15w40.

Last edited:
How do you actually make a full synthetic 15W-40? All of the group 3 base stocks I've seen end around 8cst at the thickest. Perhaps it's got a good slug of heavy group 2+?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AtomicNumber53
The 15w40 Rotella is a first (that I know of) in a full synthetic. (if in fact its a full synthetic)

smile.gif

Now that I'm looking into it, tho.... the Royal Purple Duralec is only diesel-rated. Not API SN or whatever.... so this means it's not appropriate for gasoline engines. I wonder how serious that really is. . . .

Amsoil has a synthetic 15W-40 HDEO.
https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g3467.pdf

And I thought Delo and Delvac 15w40 has around 10-11 NOACK … Lots of TBN … plenty good for coal burners …

Bought a gallon at Wal Mart in Fayetteville, N.C. at the eastern boulevard location.

Originally Posted by AtomicNumber53

smile.gif

Red Line makes a diesel 15w-40 if you want to spend $49 a gallon.

Saw a gallon in a Wal-mart in El Cajon, CA. Its gone now, but the sticker on the shelf is still there.

Hello All, I am new to the Forum. I own a 2018 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500 L5P Duramax. I just finished an oil change with the new T6 15w40. I tow a 10000 pound bumper pull trailer with it. Once I hit 5000 Miles on this change I will do a UOA on this oil and see what the numbers look like. I'm in AZ so most of my towing is in extreme heat. 100 to 120 degrees. Most of our Wal-mart stores in Tucson AZ sell this oil now. I called Shell and they said they were doing some test runs on the oil sells for this. They now have posted a video on their site for the 15w40. (https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/pro...-t6-15w-40-full-synthetic-motor-oil.html) I'm excited for this oil. Hopefully it holds up well. The T6 5w40 worried me in the high az heat. May have not been an issue but still worried me. Hope this post was ok for the Forum and I'm excited to be a part of the community.

Good lord, 15w-40 Full syn... I think Shell gods have listened. Cant wait to run this. Now I just gotta find it locally.
lol.gif

Thats excellent its not a SN oil either.

Last edited:
The Scamzoilz Godz listened a long time back, they offer a flavor of full synthetic 15w40 to suit every Cxx rating
13.gif

But noooo...mention SOPUS anything and the sun just started shining
thankyou2.gif

Ribbing aside, I'm pretty sure every Wally carries the T6 15w40 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back