Rotella T6 15w-40

Have any of you tried this oil in your OPE? It seems like a good fit for most of my fleet, other than the snow blower. Presently I run M1 10w-30 in most of my fleet, but some of it has Rotella T6 5w-40. The generators and the rototiller currently have T6 5w-40 in the sump. I have a Billy Goat leaf Vacuum with a Honda GSV-190 motor that is a really tough pull below 50 degrees with that 10w-30. Please let us know your thoughts on using 15w-40 oils in equipment stored outdoors in temperatures below 50 F.

Snow blowers in Wisconsin get either 5W-30 or 0W-30 oil.
You could try a 5W in the leaf vac. but a 10W is usually eazy
starting down to 0°.

My 2¢

Seems like a great option for OPE in my opinion. I haven't seen it at my walmart yet, but that doesn't mean anything since they really suck at restocking oil there.

You could run it in the snowblower, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt it.

What winter rating are you asking about? 15W or 5W?
I was asking if anyone uses the new 15w-40 T6 in their OPE. I've used the 5w-40 but really don't care to rely on that much VII. The Billy Goat has a heavy impeller and takes a strong arm to pull; oil viscosity may have nothing to do with it. The generator I rely on and the snowblower live in the garage where it doesn't go much below freezing. I could probably just use Mobil1 10w-30 in everything OPE, but remain curious about other's experience with that 15w-40 T6.

Last edited:
Back