Rotella T 15W40 16000Km's on 09 6.4 Powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
My third sample on this oil with 16000 Km's mixed city/highway/towing. Truck is deleted with an Amsoil Dual Gard bypass system installed and Archoil was added.

Originally Posted By: abycat
Hey cool I'm from kelowna. is your 6.4 stock?

Nice,Yes the only thing I've done is a Cat/DPF/EGR delete and an eco tune on it. Owned it for just over 2 years now and been running great. Do you own a 6.4 as well?

Originally Posted By: A310

Nice,Yes the only thing I've done is a Cat/DPF/EGR delete and an eco tune on it. Owned it for just over 2 years now and been running great. Do you own a 6.4 as well?

Hope you don't spend too much time in built up areas, as no amount of tuning will make up for removing the entire emissions control system.

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK

Hope you don't spend too much time in built up areas, as no amount of tuning will make up for removing the entire emissions control system.

What is that supposed to mean?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK

What is that supposed to mean?

I think he means that my nasty deleted 6.4 ltr is puking out far too much soot in to the built up areas that I might be driving in. Truth be told there is no visible soot coming from my exhaust at any time.:)

P.S. You should have seem the smoke coming from the exhaust pipe when it went into a regen before being deleted. I could not see the cars behind me from all the smoke.:)

P.S. You should have seem the smoke coming from the exhaust pipe when it went into a regen before being deleted. I could not see the cars behind me from all the smoke.:)

That's not right. The catalyst wasn't working properly then. DPF regens shouldn't create any smoke. Any fuel dumped in the exhaust is supposed to be burned in the catalyst and in that way heat up the DPF.

Other than a different exhaust note and hotter exhaust, you can't tell a dpf regen is going on with mine, from the outside.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic

That's not right. The catalyst wasn't working properly then. DPF regens shouldn't create any smoke. Any fuel dumped in the exhaust is supposed to be burned in the catalyst and in that way heat up the DPF.

Other than a different exhaust note and hotter exhaust, you can't tell a dpf regen is going on with mine, from the outside.

Your probably right, I never really investigated what was wrong with the system to be honest. After interrupting a few regens and and then all the smoke that followed was too much for me.:) My wife's jeep still has the DPF system and works fine. I monitor regens with an edge cts and works great.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back