roof rack question

Greetings
I am trying to find a good way to carry a canoe on a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT.
It has "roof rails" I guess you call them, that run the length of the roof on both sides, no crosspieces. I'd like to get a good "roof rack" or whatever it takes to work with this vehicle to carry a canoe. My older minivans all came from the factory with a "roof rack." and didn't have to worry about this before.
Can anyone with this vehicle suggest a good product I can install that is simple to install and sturdy ?
Something that you actually have and use on your Dodge Grand Caravan.
Thanks for any insights.

This may not apply to you, but I've seen people use foam pool noodles. Don't look up the price online as they are much cheaper at Walmart.

Don't look up the price online as they are much cheaper at Walmart.
Maybe not. I looked for some and the local WM didn't have any.

There are also foam pads cut specifically for this that fit over the sides of the canoe. Search image:
CKB-canoe-rooftop-carrier-kit-basic.jpg

Maybe not. I looked for some and the local WM didn't have any.

There are also foam pads cut specifically for this that fit over the sides of the canoe. Search image:
View attachment 64586
I've used things like this in the past for a kayak. It worked fine but did slide around a bit if there were crosswinds. Eventually got a kayak holder with the cross bars to look up to my Subaru. I think it was Thule we went with.

I’m no expert but I thought the Grand Caravans had a hidden/built in roof rack. See YouTube video.

Interesting, I wonder why they hide it? Every say... pre-2010 vehicle I've owned of the type had crossrails installed in place from the factory. But I notice all the newer minvians have the straight rails but no crossrails, including my 2015 Sedona which is top trim. Fuel economy (wind resistance), or just plain saving a few bucks? The crossrails sure come in handy.

Back