Role of quick waxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to take more of an interest in car exterior care. While reading up on different products, I came across Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax.

I paste waxed last month and it is the first line of defense, so to speak, for the paint finish. So after my regular bi-weekly washes, spraying on Quik Wax should supplement the paste wax and maintain surface protection throughout the summer, correct? I know QW isn't as durable as reg wax but a lot of reviews said it helps keep that slick wet look in-between washes.

What do you guys think of Quik Wax?

The idea is that you can use these spray waxes as a drying agent. Spray onto your wet car after the rinse off a panel at a time and dryband buff. It will help to extend the life of the paste wax.

It’s a good idea as you have to dry the car anyway so killing two birds so to speak.

Pretty much what PimTac said. I use Duragloss Aquawax when hand drying after each wash. It provides some light protection to a vehicle that is mostly garaged, and restore slickness that keeps water beading off when it rains.

But all the quick waxes are pretty much the same, except maybe Optimum Spray Wax which used to have a reputation of 6 month durability. It goes on THICK though.

The dealership where I work uses Aquaglow ceramic spray wax that you apply partially wet, I can testify that it works amazing for shine and its drying effect with a "chinchilla" microfiber cloth, plus its cheap. It provides excellent maintenance wax work and overall light protection. I still apply pinnacle souvenir paste wax with my porter DA and black pad once every couple of months though as the base, but this extra step keeps scratches and swirls off my black sapphire f30 BMW very well.

You guys using quick waxes. If you plan on using a real wax or sealant after the quick wax and don't plan on claying the car, what do you do in preparation prior to applying a coat of the real wax or sealant other than a good washing of the car? Thanks.

Mods if you think I hi-jacked the thread please start a new one.

Most waxes and sealents have a cleaning component to them. This will remove any existing wax and lay down a coat of the new wax. It most cased I clay before a new layer of wax to pick out the rough particles from the paint. only takes a few minutes so why not.

as most said spray waxes are good for boots applications between real wax applications. During bug season I put a quick coat on the front of my truck so they wash off at the end of the day.

I say leave the money in your pocket and wax the car a bit more often with a good paste wax. All this garbage is designed to do is relieve you of your cash.

I'm a believer in Eagle One's Wax as you Dry or Nanowax as a "maintenance" waxing after a car wash but between actual waxing. Especially if you use automatic car washes.

In that case, a "wax" is more or less a silicone emulsion with a fancy name. But all waxes do contain varying amounts of silicone in them.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I am trying to take more of an interest in car exterior care. While reading up on different products, I came across Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax.

I paste waxed last month and it is the first line of defense, so to speak, for the paint finish. So after my regular bi-weekly washes, spraying on Quik Wax should supplement the paste wax and maintain surface protection throughout the summer, correct? I know QW isn't as durable as reg wax but a lot of reviews said it helps keep that slick wet look in-between washes.

What do you guys think of Quik Wax?

I use it to clean bugs from front of hood and back of mirrors without needing to pull the vehicle out of cover …or wash the whole thing when mostly clean …

The two spots I use quick/spray wax is underhood and in door jambs. If Im doing a detail of those areas, Ill use spray wax for simplicity and the non-critical nature of the location and application.

I use wax as you dry on my travel trailer. I'm just not going to paste wax a whole camper. I have used some Klasse sealant on the front only, topped with spray wax, to make bug removal easier.

Easy to give it a wipe down with the eagle wax as you dry every few outings. My 05 TT looks new except for some plastic pieces.

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, aka D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, is a spray sealant, works great as a drying aid or between sealant/wax application to boost protection, it is a great product and I buy it in 5 gallon drums as I use it everywhere, interiors, engines, glass and paint. I actually find myself use this stuff more on interiors than I do on paint...go figure. Very versatile and one of the best spray sealants I have found...by far.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I say leave the money in your pocket and wax the car a bit more often with a good paste wax. All this garbage is designed to do is relieve you of your cash.

Interesting opinion.
21.gif

I'd rather wash and spray wax than deal with hand applying and removing a paste wax. With some of these new products you'll be better off from a protection and sanity standpoint.

I use spray waxes as a drying aid and as a "top-up" between regular waxing. I use Meg's Ultimate from time to time but Griot's is my favorite. Smells like bananas and leaves the paint shiny and SLICK.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, aka D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, is a spray sealant, works great as a drying aid or between sealant/wax application to boost protection, it is a great product and I buy it in 5 gallon drums as I use it everywhere, interiors, engines, glass and paint. I actually find myself use this stuff more on interiors than I do on paint...go figure. Very versatile and one of the best spray sealants I have found...by far.

Nice!

What do you use it for inside???

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

What do you use it for inside???

Everything, dash, door panels, nav screens, vinyl, etc. Being safe on everything makes it an amazing product.

Everything, dash, door panels, nav screens, vinyl, etc. Being safe on everything makes it an amazing product.

Do you think DG Aquawax would be ok to use on the dash and other interior pieces?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Do you think DG Aquawax would be ok to use on the dash and other interior pieces?

Yes, I have used Aquawax many times before on interiors and it works great....and is safe.

^ Good deal since I have it on hand to use. I also have Ultima detailer available that would also work I assume. Nice to have products that work on the exterior and interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back