Rockauto

Rock Auto is a drop ship outfit - they don't touch anything themselves. I order from them anyway, never had a problem with filters but I only ordered wix. I have had issues on other parts and warranty was non existant. So I only order simple things and I need to save a lot of money in order to make it worth the risk.

Amazon - if its shipped and sold by Amazon - is great, and if it does turn out to be bad - they will handle it. If you order from a 3rd party seller your on your own, so you need to make sure who the "seller" is - something I really dislike about amazon.

The only one I will order from on ebay is LKQ - used parts. You can order directly from LKQ but ebay from them seems much simpler to me.
I used to order from Amazon quite a bit, but haven't ordered from them in a few years, mostly for reasons that I cannot mention here, but also after getting a few "knockoff" items, I have pretty much avoided them.
Thank you for the advice on LKQ, it just so happens that some maniac side-swiped my Camry and tore the mirror off, and his insurance (USAA) is a major pain, even though the State Patrol said he was 100% at fault, so after USAA finally cuts a check I want to just get a used mirror, but Ebay has always felt shady to me. I will check out LKQ.

I used to order from Amazon quite a bit, but haven't ordered from them in a few years, mostly for reasons that I cannot mention here, but also after getting a few "knockoff" items, I have pretty much avoided them.
Thank you for the advice on LKQ, it just so happens that some maniac side-swiped my Camry and tore the mirror off, and his insurance (USAA) is a major pain, even though the State Patrol said he was 100% at fault, so after USAA finally cuts a check I want to just get a used mirror, but Ebay has always felt shady to me. I will check out LKQ.
lkqonline will get you to their direct site to search. They don't list everything on ebay, so if you can't find it there go to their direct site. I have purchased lots of used parts from LKQ, it has I believe a 90 day warranty and I have always been satisfied.

lkqonline will get you to their direct site to search. They don't list everything on ebay, so if you can't find it there go to their direct site. I have purchased lots of used parts from LKQ, it has I believe a 90 day warranty and I have always been satisfied.
Thank you for suggesting LKQ, I checked out their site and it looks like I can get a used mirror for between $83 and $89, they don't currently have the exact color, but with the way people drive these days I'm sure I won't have to wait long 😄

Ive ordered a dozen times or more from RA. Only had 1 problem with an oil filter. Ordered 4 Wix for my CRV and 1 had a slight dent on the top. It was $7cdn each vs $16 each local. I never used it and gave it to my mechanic friend which he used in his Honda element with no problems.

My dad has a blazer and a Jimmy and only uses Ac Delco and RA beats the Canadian dealer prices by half.

For my Subaru I use OEM. If it's discontinued I cross reference with RA and order. For the CRV, I tend to buy everything from RA.

It's hit it miss with the shipping. But I usually have good luck getting them all shipped from the same warehouse. Most of the time, depending on what part I order, it's still cost effective vs buying from local with shipping.

Edit: sorry long rant, forgot this thread was in the oil filter section.

Last edited:
If you're looking to buy just one filter it would make more sense to buy local as cheap as they are, and preferably from the dealer of the make you have. The only time I buy an oil filter from Rock is when I'm ordering a bunch of other stuff and it's coming from the same warehouse so it won't bump up the shipping.

I’ve never had any issues ordering anything, including filters, from Rockauto. If anything has been wrong (one time) I was able to get it returned without much fuss. I know they pull from various warehouses around the country, maybe some of those have issues with rusty, old filters, but not my stuff.

I’ve ordered many filters from them, only had one issue with quality so I reached out to the manufacturer with photos and they sent me a new one, actually two for my trouble along with hat & coffee mug👍.

My only gripe is the shipping cost, you have to try to have them all come from the same warehouse otherwise it can get expensive. If your buying a few at a time you can spread the shipping cost out a little bit better sometimes.

Shipping kills it unless you have other stuff to buy. I'm scared of old stock and not being able to examine the filter and promptly return. Amazon from amazon, no problem. I did purchase 6 OEM kia filters from third party seller but they were genuine. However, there's no real point in doing this unless you strictly want to use OEM.

Back