Rock Auto positive experience

D60

I'm not a fan boi and I'm no more loyal to RA than anywhere else but typically people are more likely to air complaints and I figure an occasional atta boy is warranted.

Along with a lot of other stuff I ordered three jugs of pre-mix blue coolant recently. The price was good and it didn't increase shipping cost on the order I was already placing.

When I opened the box it was clear something had leaked a little but one of the jugs sure felt lighter than the others. The difference in weight seemed disproportionate to the small spots of fluid in the box.
20230515_161146.jpg

Obviously I removed all three caps to find one jug had already been intentionally opened with the foil crushed in (not blown out from being "squished" in shipping).
20230520_093342.jpg

There was also some random handwriting on the label.
20230515_161215.jpg

Anyway I went through the process on RA's web page and much to my surprise it recognized this as a fluid and asked "Is it leaking" to which I truthfully responded yes. They promptly shipped me a replacement jug which I had in 2 days, and didn't want the old one back. I didn't want to mess with shipping an opened fluid container and I'll be disposing of the opened jug because I'm too distrusting of what someone may have put in there.

Obviously, the used jug should have never been sent out, but they made it right and I'm satisfied.

I had the same from Amazon. It had the distinct mark of being stabbed with a Phillips screwdriver and a piece of tape placed over it. It leaked of course. Funny how things get by the shipping dept.

I had the same from Amazon. It had the distinct mark of being stabbed with a Phillips screwdriver and a piece of tape placed over it. It leaked of course. Funny how things get by the shipping dept.
Yeah at Amazon I'd expect it but in an automotive-only warehouse I'd expect better. However like everywhere else today I think they're just happy to have warm bodies regardless of competence. C'mon man.....

right as the pandemic has started, March 2020, I had ordered genuine OE front brake rotors for GM (they are baked and have a grayish appearance when new, almost like BMW, only Germans are zinc coated). One rotor was new, and the other had clearly been installed and taken off. It had greasy hand prints on it. As the experience you had, it was exchanged at no cost to me, shipping both ways covered by them.

This is bound to happen when it's not your own distribution center. Nobody is willing to eat a brake rotor that was installed, then removed. But we as the end consumer don't want it either.

Reactions: D60
this happened to me at Walmart, I forget the details but there were rebates related to the cap and a code on Pennzoil Platinum. I remember buying gas at $0.3x/gal due to stacking the rewards.

The supply chain was ripping those codes off left and right. Mine were all invalid, and one jug had dirty motor oil. I remember being so angry when the WM associate asked me why I'm returning the oil (4 jugs), I was snippy and said just credit all of it. I guess I didn't even care that the next person would get no rebate, and one jug was used oil.

I thought people only returned used coolant at Walmart :sneaky:

The important question: what magnet did you get? :D
Funny, I find the magnets annoying and toss them without even looking.

But ya wanna know how cheap I am? If it's not too mangled I take the packing slip and eventually print on the backside of it as it's standard 8.5x11. For some reason I HATE buying printer paper - it just feels like a waste. It's not an environmental thing, I think I just hate buying anything for printing whether it's paper or toner cartridges

Funny, I find the magnets annoying and toss them without even looking.

But ya wanna know how cheap I am? If it's not too mangled I take the packing slip and eventually print on the backside of it as it's standard 8.5x11. For some reason I HATE buying printer paper - it just feels like a waste. It's not an environmental thing, I think I just hate buying anything for printing whether it's paper or toner cartridges
:ROFLMAO: While I don't go that far, I do use anything printed by me in the office, as scrap paper for my 3rd grader's math problems....

I remember back in the day, I liked to have hard copies of income tax returns, including all backup docs and forms, from Turbo Tax.

Once I was printing out like 40+ pages and the copier ran out of paper, and I didn't know where it was kept (under lock and key). The admin took me to the paper and said I'll put it in for you....I said oh, hey, you don't have to do that, I can! (I didn't want the job to resume and for others to see it was my tax docs)

I had to return a unit wheel bearing/hub assembly under warranty to Rock Auto. They handled it very nicely. It was a simple process that was described on their website. Otherwise, I have had many trouble free transactions with Rock Auto. I have grown to really like them.

I've purchased different stuff from RA for years.
one time they sent me a part that I found to be of poor quality.
I used their web service to report it as being a poor fit
they let me keep the part and refunded my money.

can't complain about that.

Reactions: D60
Back