Road Hazard Insurance paid for itself .

I usually cheap out and don't purchase road hazard coverage . A month ago I put 2 new tires on my wife's car and paid 10 bucks apiece for RH . Yesterday I had a very low tire so I zipped over to the shop and had them check it . Sure enough . Big screw in the tire . They patched it and told me to have a nice day ! The cost of a repair is approaching 30 dollars around here so I'm money ahead ..

When I think of Road Hazard, I think of coverage for unrepairable flats.
Or serious pothole impacts. Costco/Sams/BJs still include flat repair and rotation as part of the install package by me. I don't have a DT around
here.
accord tire3.jpg

Out of the almost forty cars I've owned, I've only bought an extended warranty once. A 1986 Ford Tempo. Ford had a basic warranty covering all dealer repairs that went bad the second time. In this case everything immaginable broke once. Worst car I ever owned. So I guess I picked the right car, normally the best added warrenties pay fifty cents on the dollar averaged out. Same with tire road hazard, probably only bought it once or twice--nothing went wrong-- and I was uninsured when I did have a road hazard incident. Like most other things in life, you're usually best off covering anything you can yourself. The markup is usually horrendous. Glad it worked out for you, however.

Out of the almost forty cars I've owned, I've only bought an extended warranty once. A 1986 Ford Tempo. Ford had a basic warranty covering all dealer repairs that went bad the second time. In this case everything immaginable broke once. Worst car I ever owned. So I guess I picked the right car, normally the best added warrenties pay fifty cents on the dollar averaged out. Same with tire road hazard, probably only bought it once or twice--nothing went wrong-- and I was uninsured when I did have a road hazard incident. Like most other things in life, you're usually best off covering anything you can yourself. The markup is usually horrendous. Glad it worked out for you, however.
I bought an extended warranty once in my life, on my new at the time 2014 Harley Road King. I was sure after all the trashing in forums I would have an expensive repair. So the bike came with a 2 year warranty, I bought an aftermarket warranty from a known aftermarket motorcycle warranty company as the 2 year was going to expire for an additional 3 or 4 years with no deductible cost was like $1,100.
Here we are, EIGHT years later... darn bike never needed a repair. *LOL* oh well ... lesson learned, decades of buying stuff, never bought one, never needed one and still didnt. Same goes for tires, never needed it.

Never was a extended warranty person. I bought one for wife's Sequoia and her Pilot. Sequoia had an ECU issue and Catalytic converters that were covered under the extended warranty. It paid for itself. Pilot one month and 1,000 miles out of factory warranty needed a battery sensor that took a bunch of hours of diagnostic to find. Ii has almost paid for itself in that. I still have 5 years and 80k to go until it's over.

My tires that I bought from Sam's, Costco, and Tire Rack came with the road hazard. That bubble was from pothole less than a week after they were installed. RH covered the new replacement tire. I haven't bought any separate road hazard ones.

Back