Road Force Excessive on a New Car

....Dealers buy the equipment because they have to. They don’t train their techs on it though, at least not all. I was at a major dealer (shop 1 that I used) and not one of us was trained beyond what the hunter installation guy told us in a 5-10 minute rundown.
Dealers will advertise this as having "factory trained technicians".

🍭

Drag on too long and if you don't get them all replaced, you'll have that odd one on the front and a pull to the side of the smaller tire.

Sheesh. Hankooks on a Hyundia. You're not exactly set up for serenity there. :oops:🐒

Update:

Owned this car exactly 1 month to the day. It’s been in the shop 19 days of that month we have owned it. What makes me more mad than how long it was in the shop is that it took this long to get a good technician to properly balance the tires. THAT WAS THE WHOLE **** PROBLEM as I told them from day 1.

I’d used the dealer I worked at before, only to get turned away because I didn’t buy the car there and “only the selling dealer” will help with tire issues. They tried to balance them but said I needed 3 tires.

Selling dealer tried balancing, got it wrong, tried 2 new tires, it was still wrong (after each try I had to drive 60ish miles to pick it up, only to find out it still wasn’t right). They insisted I was expecting too much out of the car and it was just a characteristic of the car, but they’d touch base with Hyundai tech line and be back in touch (still to this day have not heard from them again).

Spoke to a respected old co-worker, a Hyundai tech, and he advised me to go to his old shop (far away, but he said the best techs worked there) so I did.

They took an entire week with the car, put 95 miles on it, but finally got it right. I don’t know why in the hell they drove it 95 miles, but at least they have the tires road force minimized to acceptable levels and balanced properly now.

I'll bet no one there knows about road force so they just swapped tires and drove until they found a set that worked. That took 95 miles.
This shop had someone capable. I looked over all the paperwork from the balance machine and my tires still have mismatched DOTs from 2 being replaced.

They took an entire week with the car, put 95 miles on it, but finally got it right. I don’t know why in the hell they drove it 95 miles
Before checking road force, Hyundai wants the vehicle driven for 20 minutes at freeway speeds. Multiple checks mean multiple freeway trips.

Back