RMI 25 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on the board and looked it up but have a few questions. Does it work with all coolant types? I have a 97 cavalier with Dexcool, and two jeeps with the green. Do you leave it in only for a certain time and then flush your coolant or do you add it to fresh coolant?

Thanks for your help.

seems to be a product that works with any coolant chemistry, just like, say schaeffer
s clean and cool does.

JMH

You just add it in, and replenish every so often (one year or 300 hours I believe). There's no reason to flush it, though if the reservoir gets full of s***, just drain the reservoir and refill it.

I would suggest buying 1 quart (it's roughly $30 after shipping from www.batterystuff.com) and then draining the radiator. Add 1/2 the quart to it and refill the cooling system. Then had 1/4 of the quart at a time until you use it all, then flush the system and re-fill with fresh anti-freeze.

RMI Depot sells the quarts or $22/bottle, buy two and the shipping is free.

Ive not linked to his site because he is not a sponsor and he is an Amsoil salesman.

JMH

i use RMI-25 successfully in my 95 powerstroke (even sent it away for coolant analysis) and most of my other liquid cooled motors.

However, it says it has no benefit to dex-cool.
i emailed battery stuff about this and they said it is because rmi-25 and dex-cool have similar chemistry so there is no benefit. I would like to know for sure, I'd like to put some in my wife's duramax.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
seems to be a product that works with any coolant chemistry, just like, say schaeffer
s clean and cool does.JMH

Sorry, not a hijack, but was that an informed confirmation that Clean & Cool will yield some benefit to a Dexcool'd engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back