Rislone vs Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this Auto-RX except that
it is used to clean a dirty engine and it is
expensive. Why bother going through all that
trouble (clean,rinse etc.) when you can buy
a bottle of Rislone for only $3.50 cdn(2.50 US)
This stuff has been around for years. I used
to use it way back in the 70's in older cars.
canada.gif

Because to be honest Rislone doesn't really clean as well.

A solvent based product such as Rislone will thin and help flush out loose material, and to some extent remove surface crud. But the length of time to accomplish this while running very diluted oil isn't worth the risk. I have zero luck with Rislone on stuck ring packs.

AutoRx is NOT a solvent, and yes it IS way expensive. But after you use it you'll know why. The cleaned ring grooves are worth $25 easy.

I once used a solvent based flush on my car (before I knew about Auto-RX). What did it do? My front seal started to leak whilst idling for the 10 mins for the product to circulate. Its never done it before so not a co-incidence whatsoever.

Somebody did a VOA on Rislone a while back and according to the VOA the Rislone was just mineral oil with a light dose of chemical additives. A quart of conventional motor oil costs less and has more additives.

There is now some actual test information that shows that Auto-RX apparently works. If somebody feels that Auto-RX is too expensive, Neutra might do about the same thing for less money.

Based on what was found in that VOA, I think I would rather use Marvel Mystery Oil then Rislone.

canada.gif
Thanks for the info guys. I don't
think Auto-RX is available in Canada.
confused.gif

I live right on the Canada
canada.gif
U.S. boarder
patriot.gif
. Where would I go in the U.S.
to buy the product?

There is a web site. Type in Auto-RX and you should be able to find it. You can order from the web site, unless that is not allowed in Canada or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back